Singha Plunges Into Cheap-beer Market

george

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assumed that Archa Beer had the emblem of a horse on the bottles because it was actually horse-p*ss!! It certainly tastes like it. (well, so I imagine!!)

Simon

You mean the only beer with a picture of the manufacturer on the label!

Scouse.

Doesn't Chang have the maker on the label too?

Prefer elephant's to horse's though :o

Edited by johnnyk

I wasn't impressed with the taste of Isaan Beer. It can be likened to tasting like watered down Leo Beer.

Also, at 4.7% it hardly gives bang for buck.. I can't see the locals changing to a weaker beer for a possible slightly less price.. it won't get the job done properly

Anyway.. it's back to the horse p*ss for me ! :D

Totster :o

I wasn't impressed with the taste of Isaan Beer. It can be likened to tasting like watered down Leo Beer.

Also, at 4.7% it hardly gives bang for buck.. I can't see the locals changing to a weaker beer for a possible slightly less price.. it won't get the job done properly

Anyway.. it's back to the horse p*ss for me ! :D

If the intent of the drinker is to get smashed then it is not really cheap beer. However after drinking it and you happen to notice Dr. Pat pong is a real hottie I may need to reevaluate my statement. :D

Start-up brewer aims at low income urban market

Bangkok - Pisslop Beverage (Thailand) Co., Ltd. announce today in the capital plans to build a 8.2bn baht brewery.

By leverage land that will become vacant after fires in Khlong Toei district in combination with target niche markets, the concern is expect to be immediately profitable.

In marketing materials the company anticpate the growth among people who typically like some intoxication before mid-day but who cannot be falling down too soon such as motorcycle taxi drivers or freelance recycling gatherers.

Expect to use a locally develop recipe free of foreign influences like good taste, the flagship brew will retain hints of unique Bangkok essence. This one comes from plan to use local water sources and a patent no-filter process.

Communications Director for the company, Somchai Nottaklue, said that environmental concern about the new brewery were misunderstanding.

"We will actually be making the canals more sanitary," he said. "We will rely on the beverage drinker to filter the liquids for us."

In addition to their bold environmental strategy and market niche the company will seek unique distribution channels.

They will retain some existing infrastructure materials such as PVC pipe, distribution can by-passed traditional bottling while providing gruarantee of freshness.

"Direct supply to consumer will make every taxi stand and som-tam cart a retail outlet," Mr. Sochai said.

Company has no plans to seek export market at this time citing unreasonable offshore demand for sanitary.

(Mangle-English Press Agency, 13-12-2007)

From The Bangers & Mash Post in the busy section today, 12th of never. (opps November 2007):-
Beer Isan

The new low-cost beer is targeted at the northeastern region known as Isan, which has seen strong growth in beer sales.

(Snip.....)

''The battlefield in Isan indicates who is the leader in the beer market ..(Snip).. because sales growth in this zone has risen continuously,'' he said (Khun Santi).

Following the launch of the 4.7% alcohol Isan beer, (Snip....) it anticipates Isan beer will earn a 3% market share nationwide and 30% in the Northeast.

Isan beer :o will sell at 100 baht for three bottles _ the same as that Horse p*ss beer. :D

I will as always stay with this brew below as long as one Kan, BTW.

My Country, My Beer,

original.jpg

Cheers :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. One paper said Isaan the udder said Isan. :D It is still a re-banned beer "Lao Beer / Beer Lao". Message in a bottle, me tink :bah:

Has Singha been detuned to 5%? All the tinnies I'ver purchased recently have been and I think it tastes muuuuch better ... has become my regular tipple when in BKK and I can assure you it never used to be ...

The Thai poorer classes idea of drinking is "lets get dunk as quickly and cheaply as possible" and with their abissmal wages who can blame them, I am of the old school who likes social drinking and not out of my mind quickly so I go for Leo or the blue horse brands.

Singha had a big problem many moons ago about 1980 when the supplied a bad batch which sent many people to squat in the local conveniences, that was the last time I sampled it but the only other options then were Kloster or Amarit.

I hope this new one is good, as Chang is a head banger near to the Danish elephant beer but cheap enough.

Start-up brewer aims at low income urban market

Bangkok - Pisslop Beverage (Thailand) Co., Ltd. announce today in the capital plans to build a 8.2bn baht brewery.

By leverage land that will become vacant after fires in Khlong Toei district in combination with target niche markets, the concern is expect to be immediately profitable.

In marketing materials the company anticpate the growth among people who typically like some intoxication before mid-day but who cannot be falling down too soon such as motorcycle taxi drivers or freelance recycling gatherers.

Expect to use a locally develop recipe free of foreign influences like good taste, the flagship brew will retain hints of unique Bangkok essence. This one comes from plan to use local water sources and a patent no-filter process.

Communications Director for the company, Somchai Nottaklue, said that environmental concern about the new brewery were misunderstanding.

"We will actually be making the canals more sanitary," he said. "We will rely on the beverage drinker to filter the liquids for us."

In addition to their bold environmental strategy and market niche the company will seek unique distribution channels.

They will retain some existing infrastructure materials such as PVC pipe, distribution can by-passed traditional bottling while providing gruarantee of freshness.

"Direct supply to consumer will make every taxi stand and som-tam cart a retail outlet," Mr. Sochai said.

Company has no plans to seek export market at this time citing unreasonable offshore demand for sanitary.

(Mangle-English Press Agency, 13-12-2007)

ThaidleHannds,

I heard a rumor that the Pisslop Beverage Co. Ltd. plans may include a companion nuclear power plant that takes advantage of the cooling water discharge to heat the brewery section's fermentation vats. However, I can't quote a reliable source. Thanks for the superior news clipping. GL

Unless the prices quoted here are for big bottles, how does 100bht for three bottles help lower income people? I get three bottles of small size Leo for 60bht.

I'm off to Nong Khai tomorrow so will look out for some.

The price is for the big bottles

Unless the prices quoted here are for big bottles, how does 100bht for three bottles help lower income people? I get three bottles of small size Leo for 60bht.

I'm off to Nong Khai tomorrow so will look out for some.

The price is for the big bottles

Thanks Totster