Se Asian Games In Korat During December

pumper

the SE Asian Games are to be held in Korat this year in December.

Thailand is expected to win up to 1/3 the gold .. almost doubling the gold won in 2005 in the PIs.

swimming, track, football, gymnastics, rowing, western style boxing & Muay Thai events

some persons might actually be interested in Thai athletes .. not just farang jocks.

but then again maybe not ..

The Boxing Events take place at Gymnasium, Municipality of Tumbon Mueangpug in Korat.

The Boxing Events commence on 07 December 2007

>the 24th SEA Games will be held from 6th to 15th December 2007. The main venue of the 24th SEA Games will be at Korat, in the north-eastern part of Thailand.

However, a number of sports and/or events, which has no facilities in Korat, will be held in Bangkok and Chonburi (Pattaya).

The sports to be held in Chonburi (Pattaya) are Sailing and Wind-Surfing, Rowing, Canoeing, Traditional Boat Race, Triathlon and Duathlon and Equestrian.

Sports to be held in Bangkok are Baseball, Handball, Hockey, Lawn Bowls, Polo, Skeet & Trap events of Shooting.<

Hi guys. I have been searching everything I know of to try to find a venue for one of the SEA games sports. Does anyone happen to have any idea where I can find:

Lawn Bowls Green, Queen Sirikit Sports Center, Pathum Thani in Bangkok? :o

I think it is so new that it is not on any maps I can find. If you may know where it is, then would you also have any recommendations for a hotel in that area? Or else, do you know if it would be fairly easy to get to by train, bus, or taxi from BKK lower Sukhumvit area? Or maybe if I stayed at any recommended hotel in the area of the old Don Muang airport, because as near as I can tell the stadium is located somewhere north of the airport?

TIA :D

Edited by jeepholt

• 3 weeks later...