Satellite Tv Other Than Ubc

koolkarl

You could try True Visions :o

Do you drive the new Datsun pickup?

No but I am looking for wheels too.

Where do I find True Visions?

Third floor Airport Plaza. Rip off anyhow IMO. WeTV knocks it on its bottom when price and repeats are taken into account.

World Entertainment Television. Cable TV. Around 50 channels, including a few movie, sports, cartoons for the kids, and news channels... BBC and CNN included. Had UBC for a couple years and thought it was ok, even with all the repeating and the high charge, but the last straw for me was them not showing any World Cup 2006. WeTV even had the Rugby World Cup on by all accounts :o And all that for 350 baht a month.

If you're listening UBC, or True; up yer kilt! :D

WeTV is vastly superior to UBC/TrueVison - it is cable instead of satelite so less succeptible to interference from weather unless the entire satelite earth station falls over. The big problem is network rollout - for anyone outside of the City proper they will be forced to use a satelite until WeTV rolls out cable in their area. A friend of mine wondered why he got a door knock salesperson offering him 2 years contracted to UBC if he paid 12 months upfront. Then discovered that WeTV were shortly after going down his street.

Out where I am they are shortly rolling out the new Morse Code transceiver and soon the days of pigeons will be over - end of an era. :o

CB

WeTV is vastly superior to UBC/TrueVison - it is cable instead of satelite so less succeptible to interference from weather unless the entire satelite earth station falls over. The big problem is network rollout - for anyone outside of the City proper they will be forced to use a satelite until WeTV rolls out cable in their area. A friend of mine wondered why he got a door knock salesperson offering him 2 years contracted to UBC if he paid 12 months upfront. Then discovered that WeTV were shortly after going down his street.

Out where I am they are shortly rolling out the new Morse Code transceiver and soon the days of pigeons will be over - end of an era. :o

CB

Crowie, just wait till morse is phased out and you get the new baked bean tin can string communicator. Free local calls but it has a draw back when making long distance calls, you have trouble keeping the string tight, and it can be bad when some biker gets coat hangered by the string

I visted Chiang Mai for the first time this week and was impressed by the live cricket coverage that I assume was provided by WETV in the hotel where I stayed.

Does WETV offer live Englsh Premiership football as well as regular live cricket?

I ask because I am considering moving to Chiang Mai and positive feedback on this matter will help me make my mind up. I am a UBC subscriber but am increasingly becoming fed up of streams of endless repeats on the likes of National Geographic, Discovery and the History Channel as well as a total lack of live cricket, unless you want to stump up B3500 (yes, three thousand five hundred) to watch Englands upcoming three test series in Sri Lanka on UBC's 'Pay Per View' service. No thanks.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

I visted Chiang Mai for the first time this week and was impressed by the live cricket coverage that I assume was provided by WETV in the hotel where I stayed.

Does WETV offer live Englsh Premiership football as well as regular live cricket?

I ask because I am considering moving to Chiang Mai and positive feedback on this matter will help me make my mind up. I am a UBC subscriber but am increasingly becoming fed up of streams of endless repeats on the likes of National Geographic, Discovery and the History Channel as well as a total lack of live cricket, unless you want to stump up B3500 (yes, three thousand five hundred) to watch Englands upcoming three test series in Sri Lanka on UBC's 'Pay Per View' service. No thanks.

Thank you.

unless youre moving into central CM, you wont get WETV in the burbs.

to be sure, it may pay to find out where the service runs out as far as.

Thank you.

If I move to Chiang Mai it will be to a centrally located condominium with WETV service. Any information on premiership soccer coverage please?

Thanks.

Edited by Nuff Said

Thank you.

If I move to Chiang Mai it will be to a centrally located condominium with WETV service. Any information on premiership soccer coverage please?

Thanks.

sorry no idea on the soccer, but most games are live in most of the pubs often mentioned in this CM forum but if you dont like watching it in a pub, try just about any restaurant, thai or otherwise as they seem to show games live on their large telly.

I like WE TV for the news and movies, but I have no interest in sports and it is useless for anything else.

I buy a lot of DVD movies and TV series to suppliment WE TV and I am fine. :o

have you tried downloading TV series via torrents? got prison break, heroes, seinfeld, etc etc for free!

and for any moderators that think this is an illegal idea, its not.