Where Can One Get A Cheap Condo?

rockchick114

I want to buy a cheap little condo in thailand. I dont really care where since i find it beautyful everywhere. The condos that are on the market in thailand from swedish real estate agents are all deadly expensive. Does anyone know how to get one in a not so touristic place? And what are the prices?

I want to buy a cheap little condo in thailand. I dont really care where since i find it beautyful everywhere. The condos that are on the market in thailand from swedish real estate agents are all deadly expensive. Does anyone know how to get one in a not so touristic place? And what are the prices?

Try this LINK

For Kasikorn bank. There are hundreds of repossessions that can be had for very little money. (condo's fall under "Residential Spaces" in the drop down menu)

Look before you buy, and make sure the tenants will leave after your purchase!!

Edited by pumpuiman

Heres a cheap place with plenty of action.

///////

A wild drugs party going on in the middle of the afternoon on the 8th floor of the Niran Grand Condominium in Soi Arunotai off of Central Pattaya Road had tenants in an uproar on July 3rd after unsuccessfully trying to sleep through the blaring noise all night. Police also found a packet of ketamine on a plate in the middle of the room.

Edited by undercover

> Look before you buy, and make sure the tenants will leave after your purchase!!

Better yet, make sure they leave BEFORE you purchase.

Buying condo's is iffy.. And do you really want to own a cheap one? Why?

I think the only place where condos make sense is Bangkok, and possibly Pattaya. Everywhere else, where real estate is cheaper generally, condos STILL cost more than proper houses that offer far more space and value.. So.. why the crappy condo?

You may want to be careful when buying a condo could be cheap for various reasons including

Bad neighbors(noisy)

bad location(transport wise)

Dirty, bad maitenance

High condo fees

high farang ownership (possible problems with puchase/ownership)

I'm sure there are other reasons, the above just spring to mind, maybe Thailand wouldn't be so beautiful then and not hassle free.

Best of luck Bob

Why buy,why buy,please tell me why buy?If your not worried where you stay in thailand you can rent a decent size house for 2500 baht a month.Something that you can walk away from if it all go's pear shaped.i think of buying a place in thailand the same as i think of a ball & chain around my ankle.now i'm living in the north,but maybe in a few months i'd like to reside by the coast.

just like to know what is cheap for the OP?

" The condos that are on the market in thailand from swedish real estate agents are all deadly expensive."

I would think for certain reason the agents in Sweden dont like to deal in condos with lower pricetags.

but there is plenty of condo in Bkk and Pattaya and elsewhere under or near a million baht.

"Buying condo's is iffy.. And do you really want to own a cheap one? Why?

I think the only place where condos make sense is Bangkok, and possibly Pattaya. Everywhere else, where real estate is cheaper generally, condos STILL cost more than proper houses that offer far more space and value.. So.. why the crappy condo?"

Correct me, but farangs still cant own legally a house and the land with it. So if you arent willing to try loopholes, or buy on wife/gf name, it isnt a real option.

> Look before you buy, and make sure the tenants will leave after your purchase!!

I think the only place where condos make sense is Bangkok, and possibly Pattaya. Everywhere else, where real estate is cheaper generally, condos STILL cost more than proper houses that offer far more space and value.. So.. why the crappy condo?

Perhaps because you can actually own it.

Naka.

Aha.. I thought that condos always where cheaper than houses, thats why. The question should be: Where can I buy a cheap PLACE in thailand...? But on the other hand you do OWN a condo...

RE on foreclosure is plentiful, according to some Thai postings. Low price.

Maybe the OP can contact a RE agent for that.

As I mentioned in my earlier post...their are literally hundreds of bank owned properties to be had for small money. I supplied the link to Kasikorn bank's website, which was of apparently of no interest to the OP (although it matches their request perfectly) Other banks in Thailand offer the same......SO WHATS THE PROBLEM?

The OP has been given access to hundreds of low priced condo's throughout Thailand....and still is asking questions.....Seems odd.

Why buy,why buy,please tell me why buy?If your not worried where you stay in thailand you can rent a decent size house for 2500 baht a month.Something that you can walk away from if it all go's pear shaped.i think of buying a place in thailand the same as i think of a ball & chain around my ankle.now i'm living in the north,but maybe in a few months i'd like to reside by the coast.

With your thinking why buy in any country? Your logic is good for you.....but not everyone thinks as you do.

As I mentioned in my earlier post...their are literally hundreds of bank owned properties to be had for small money. I supplied the link to Kasikorn bank's website, which was of apparently of no interest to the OP (although it matches their request perfectly) Other banks in Thailand offer the same......SO WHATS THE PROBLEM?

The OP has been given access to hundreds of low priced condo's throughout Thailand....and still is asking questions.....Seems odd.

I clicked on the link you provided. The website came back in Thai. I doubt the OP can read Thai.

With your thinking why buy in any country? Your logic is good for you.....but not everyone thinks as you do.

In my home country i can own a place 100%,rather than 49% of it,& i'm not in fear of drastic changes in visa rules,possible xeonophobic leaders of a country,or military juntas,but to me its mostly the fact that its so cheap to rent that is the deciding factor for me,but your right,horses for courses.

Please check other similar posts. Check craigslist for good leads at http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/

Also check the following link:

http://www.bahtsold.com/index.php?region=3...=11&price=4

Best of luck! :o

[/b]

Edited by mauiguy90

I clicked on the link you provided. The website came back in Thai. I doubt the OP can read Thai.

Try clicking again....seems to come up in English after trying a second time.