Phantom Manual In English

Issangeorge

Hi, well I finally did it I bought the new Phantom I have been dreaming about for the past four or five years. I know most guys dream of buying a Harley or BMW or maybe even a Goldwing, but my dream was a Phantom and I finally got it. Maybe after a couple of years of riding it my next dream will be for one of the above. Anyway does anyone know where I can get a Honda Phantom Manual in English? There are so many Farang buying Phantoms you would think they would have an English Manual. Thanks Issangeorge

Hi, well I finally did it I bought the new Phantom I have been dreaming about for the past four or five years. I know most guys dream of buying a Harley or BMW or maybe even a Goldwing, but my dream was a Phantom and I finally got it. Maybe after a couple of years of riding it my next dream will be for one of the above. Anyway does anyone know where I can get a Honda Phantom Manual in English? There are so many Farang buying Phantoms you would think they would have an English Manual. Thanks Issangeorge

Congratulations George, look forward to seeing you riding around town.... Granted it's not a Harley, but a real Upgrade from the little scooters, and you will really enjoy riding between Kalasin and your home village...

I tried to find a manual in English when I bought mine and without any success...

Pianoman

Same With my Kawi Boss still looking for an English manual.

It would be nice not to ask my girl what it says as she has no clue about mechanics.And it seems the Thai manuals are not to complete on the specs either!

Enjoy your new ride.It is a nice feeling to have a NEW toy!

Beardog

Thanks guys, i am enjoying it, but since all I have driven for the past twenty years are the semi-automatic and automatic scooters, I figure it will take me a while to get used to it. I did rent one in Koh Samui for four days to see if I liked it, and that took me about the four days to have any competence on it and that was 4 years ago. I am surprised there is no English Manual since there are probably as many farang if not more driving them as Thais. Pianoman when I get a little bit more competent we will have to go for a ride sometime. Issangeorge.

Hello Issangeorge

I also have the dream to buy a Phantom in jan 2008.

so, if you find a english ( or german :D ) manuel, please send information.

can you tell me something about the price ?

I asked in Feb 07 and in Udon Thani they asked for 85000 B, in my small town in NongHan it was 83000 B.

I hope, the phantom-price is not the same like the expencive gas-price. :o

Good riding

Michael

[email protected]

I have the manual in English, well sort of. Actually it is a photocopy of the manual that had been marked up (also in English) with what I assume to be future changes, and it is 6 years old when the phantom first came out with the 200 cc 4 stroke engine. Anyone interested or is it too old? If anyone is interested Iĺl check it out to see if I can get it scanned or something so I can post it rather than sending photocopies to people. Itś about 100 pages.

Nice bike for the price. I think theyŕe selling for upwards of 86K baht here in Lamphun but I haven looked lately. If you can get a new one for 83K, grab it.

Safe riding George.

higgy

I had a Honda Phantom English manual, downloaded it in PDF format from a Singapore website. Don't belief it was hard to find, it hold not much "additional" information over your Thai version.

Please tell me if you can find it, otherwise I will do a search of server backups......

Richard-BKK I found a site that is suppose to have the manual, but it does not work now. It would be real nice if you could post you PDF file. Higgy88 I bought my bike in Kalasin and the price was 86,800 and then I believe 1,700 for first class insurance and then I put about 10,000 worth of options including crash bars, saddle bags, studded seat, and a cover. Issangeorge.

Richard-BKK I found a site that is suppose to have the manual, but it does not work now. It would be real nice if you could post you PDF file. Higgy88 I bought my bike in Kalasin and the price was 86,800 and then I believe 1,700 for first class insurance and then I put about 10,000 worth of options including crash bars, saddle bags, studded seat, and a cover. Issangeorge.

Sorry about the double post. I'm not sure what happened. Congratulations IssanG. I hope you enjoy your new Phantom as much as I am mine. I bought a new (Black and Grey) on about 5 months ago and a I absolutely love it. I live in Hua Hin and it is perfect for getting around in this area. I have not had a single problem with it. It rides great. The Boss probably is a bit quicker but I prefer the way the Phantom feels. I too would like an English manual but I am not much of a mechanic anyway and so far the shop in HH has been very professional and has treated me well. :o

Ok I found a manual. I think it is a little dated, but it should give you a general idea about your bike, it is in PDF form and can be found here. http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showt...+English+manual and then go to the seventh post from the end by Saikeung and click try here. I hope this works for you. George

bought a new phantom from main honda dealer in phuket 4 weeks ago, asked if they had a english manual 2 days after! YES please call in! was given a copy of english manual well copied and presented, best try you local main dealer if you bought or are buying the bike new they are available :o:D

[quote name='SweatySock' date='2007-11-20 04:16:07' post='1660854'

Just ordered my new model on Saturday, 86k including insurance. Delivery is next month so I'll see if they can find me an English manual.

BTW, I ordered it in Nong Bua Lam Phu.

Good I really enjoy the phantom smallest big bike I have owned and Its great fun, tell them the manual is available for copy and you have to have it! however I have to say that the Thai manual you can understand due to the tables pictures etc cant really say it told me much that you could not see from the thai one :o:D

Sorry guys, when I hit try here it took me right to a download for the manual, but when I do it now it just takes me to a site with manuals, it is a good site though. I will try to add an attachment of the file and see if that works. George

Thanks very much for that, will be helpful. I had given up hope of ever finding any English manual.

Bought my Phantom through Nat Motors on Huay Kuew Road in CM last year. They got me an English manual direct from Honda. I pointed out to them that the bike is sold in Singapore so I was sure that it was available in English. The saleslady there has has borrowed my manual a couple times to make more copies. Seems that Honda won't give her any more original manuals... TIT. :o

• 2 months later...

Thanks to IssanGeorge for the english manual. I like my phantom. It is plenty fast enough for my area and it handles well. Also has a nice sound to it. When they make a bigger bike in Thailand I will probably upgrade but for now happy riding.

Pay attention to other posts about double checking mechanics. When I brought my new bike home that had just been onced over at the shop, tires were severely over inflated. 70 front, 54 rear. The label right on the bike specifies 29.

Also the chain was almost an inch too loose. Made a lot of noise on the way home. I dont think they lubricated the chain either. Rear view mirror came loose in the wind... If you want it done right, do it yourself.

Edited by Spacer

• 4 months later...
Sorry guys, when I hit try here it took me right to a download for the manual, but when I do it now it just takes me to a site with manuals, it is a good site though. I will try to add an attachment of the file and see if that works. George

Issangeorge you have done me huge favour and can't thank you enough for the manual, had my bike for over a year and still love it. I am relocating to Phetchabun from Najomtien and have already taken the bike up there, looking forward to some good riding and accurate maintenance now I have the manual. Cheers Matey ur a star!

:o

Chris H

Hi

Thanks for that, now saved to computer, rather do the basic stuff myself.

I am quite capable of fouling it up myself, don't need to pay a dealer to foul it up for me! :o

TBWG :D

• 1 year later...

THANKS GEORGE FOR THE MANUAL ITS VERY HELPFUL FOR ME I JUST BOUGHT MY HONDA 1 WEEK AGO AND I DONT HAVE ENGLISH MANUAL AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH