Opening A Bank Account

Also Siam Commercial Bank. With any of these banks, it may well prove a speedier process if you choose a branch where they tend to see a good number of expat - e.g. shopping mall. As I understand it, the usual route is to give you a savings account with passbook and ATM card on the spot.......... which is generally enough for most people to access cash, make transfers in/out etc. Getting a cheque book style of account is a different matter, AFAIK.

As others have said, masses of information about all this on the forum if you search............

I've recently opened 3 bank accounts and all banks wanted some sort of proof of residence.

TMB wanted a work permit

SCB wanted a long term visa

Bangkok Bank wanted a letter from Immigration

A mate walked into Kasikorn Bank with a 30 day entry, passport and 500 Baht and came out with an account and ATM card.

I joined Bangkok bank 2 years ago with B5000 i was issued with a visa card(not a credit card) works the same not had any problems. they have branches around theworld inc UK ... :o good luck

i have accounts with Bangkok bank but I have been trying to get internet access for 2 years withiout success

Also Siam Commercial Bank. With any of these banks, it may well prove a speedier process if you choose a branch where they tend to see a good number of expat - e.g. shopping mall. As I understand it, the usual route is to give you a savings account with passbook and ATM card on the spot.......... which is generally enough for most people to access cash, make transfers in/out etc. Getting a cheque book style of account is a different matter, AFAIK.

As others have said, masses of information about all this on the forum if you search............

Siam commercial is excellent although like most Thai banks low interest, I walked out of my local branch within ten minutes cash card, chequing and deposit account, plus internet access all intact plus a free gift