Teeth Whitening ..how Much?

steveasy

• 2 weeks later...
heya,

Does anyone know a decent and cheap dental clinic here to have a teeth whitening ?

I saw a couple of places they charge 12 - 15,000 baht, and in some places they advertise 4 - 5,000 baht.

Any ideas ?

/Steve

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Will be in Bangkok later this month.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

From what I have read the "Laser Whitening" technic is a bit of a Hi-Tech Gimmic... The same bleaching compound is used as the traditional method... They try to convince you that the magic laser :D will speed up or activate the process giving you a better result than the traditional bleaching compound - oh by the way the laser is extra baht :o studies show no increase in whiteness from the laser - on the contrary... they have cases where the laser has increased the sensitivity of your teeth (a common side effect of tooth bleaching)... Just get the regular bleaching and save a few baht :D

http://www.ada.org/public/topics/lasers_faq.asp

Edited by sfokevin

From what I have read the "Laser Whitening" technic is a bit of a scam... The same bleaching compound is used as the traditional method... They try to convince you that the magic laser :D will speed up or activate the process giving you a better result than the traditional bleaching compound - oh by the way the laser is extra baht :o studies show no increase in whiteness from the laser - on the contrary... they have cases where the laser has increased the sensitivity of your teeth (a common side effect of tooth bleaching)... try the regular bleaching and save a few baht :D

TY for that info!

So can you recommend any good dentists in Bangkok that provide teeth bleaching at reasonable prices?

From what I have read the "Laser Whitening" technic is a bit of a Hi-Tech Gimmic... The same bleaching compound is used as the traditional method... They try to convince you that the magic laser :D will speed up or activate the process giving you a better result than the traditional bleaching compound - oh by the way the laser is extra baht :o studies show no increase in whiteness from the laser - on the contrary... they have cases where the laser has increased the sensitivity of your teeth (a common side effect of tooth bleaching)... Just get the regular bleaching and save a few baht :D

http://www.ada.org/public/topics/lasers_faq.asp

thanks for that! now that i know :D What are the reasonable prices for such a treatment and just 1 question ,as they bleach and whiten ur teeth, are they able to get rid of those small little smoke stains that are in the cervics between ur teeth? those tat kindda look like rust :D