Type Of Visa -- Help

Hey guys -- Need Help and don't know who to ask. When I speak with a Visa Issuing Agency they provide no substantial assistance. I need to know which type of Visa to apply for. Here's my situation:

My fiancee and I want to stay in the country. We have $20,000.00 American Money. We are from the United States. Our ages are 24 & 28. We plan on just living and experiencing the new culture. I personally have a job (Internet related from an American based company that is paid out of the US at $2,000 / month). We have a scheduled trip to Thailand mid-October and have already found a place to live in Chalong, Phuket. I am ready to apply for my Visa and don't know which type to apply for. This is what I found previously on this site:

diplomatic visa (D) is for those employed by an embassy,

a business visa (:o

or a mass media visa (M) are for accredited business or press representatives,

a dependent visa (O),

an expert visa (EX) are for those performing skilled or expert work,

an investor visa (IM) is for foreigners who set-up their companies under the Board Of Investment BOI

and a study/education visa (ED) is for teachers.

Official ( F). Performance of official duties (involving the Thai government).

Capital Investment ( IM ).

Investment (with concurrence of the ministries and departments concerned). BOI ( IB ).

Investment subject to the provision of the laws on investment promotion.

(ED). Educational study or observation.

( R ). Missionary work.

( RS). Scientific research or training, or study in an educational institution in the Kingdom.

( EX). Performance of skilled or expert work.

( S). Participation in an officially recognized sports event.

Others "O". Others, including dependents and retired persons.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. We would like to stay in the country for one to two years. Is this possible or do we need to continually file for extensions?

Thanks to all for the help

From the information provided you would only qualify for a tourist visa strictly speaking, but if you admit working you would lose that option.

You could look into formal study ED type visa or perhaps business B type visa if you can have a company sponsor you.

Quite frankly you are not on the radar. You do not have 3 million for investment, are too young for retirement and are expected to be working (in your home country) at that age.

FYI: you and fiancee will each have to qualify for any visa issued as the only relationship that matters is marriage.

As Lopburi says your only real option is to visit as a tourist whch means you can only stay for six months, and are not allowed to work.

I suggest you do your work at home for 6 months of the year and make as much money as possible. Then come to Thailand and enjoy the life and culture for the other 6 months.