Phuket, Thailand Bank Accounts

I am moving to Phuket, Thailand and would like to open a bank account to have my US funds transferred into. Also, I believe to need this proof to show I have money to stay in the country for extended periods of time (based off of Visa approvals).

Any suggestions of which bank? Is there a debit/credit card available for these accounts?

I read on Farmers (Now Kaisekorn Bank) and Bank of Asia. Any other suggestions and how easy is it to open an account?

Thanks for the info.

I am moving to Phuket, Thailand and would like to open a bank account to have my US funds transferred into.  Also, I believe to need this proof to show I have money to stay in the country for extended periods of time (based off of Visa approvals).

Any suggestions of which bank?  Is there a debit/credit card available for these accounts?

I read on Farmers (Now Kaisekorn Bank) and Bank of Asia.  Any other suggestions and how easy is it to open an account? 

Thanks for the info.

This site does have a search facility, but it is not particularly good. You can, however, use google: put this in google's search window:

site:thaivisa.com +bank +"credit card"

and you will get all references to articles on this site that contain the two search items. The google results are here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

When you get to a thread that looks promising, you can read all about it! Good luck!

P.S. I have a Krung Thai account, ATM card, no credit card.