Sign At Lamai Temple

Thai From what I can gather it might be a campaign poster from an ex teacher who wants to get elected to government. Haven't seen it myself yet, just thought it was worded very bluntly for a Thai person.

yeah, it's a big plastic-banner there on the wall (wat lamai)

it is written everthing in thai :o but the pictures show this area

between lamai (after the viewpoint) and chaweng-noi on the right hand side directly on the beach.

This project is not finish yet and i remember, they start there about 2 years ago (or more?)

But i don't have any background informations about that place.

these are my own pics made after the big rain on 24.10.2007

post-51795-1195466180_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1195466214_thumb.jpg

post-51795-1195466264_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

This project is just another sign about how much the local goverment really care about this island, they have blatantly reclaimed beach land, it was meant to be stopped about two years ago when there was the big land scandal in samui, its good to see that someone is standing up to them just hope they don't get shot.

That was what I was thinking Tony! This place used to be called Pong Petch Resort, it was knocked down about 4 years ago now we think, then this place has been starting and stopping for ages. Not sure if it's owned by the same bloke. The sign says exactly that though, that he's reclaimed beach land, and it will be interesting to see where the campaign goes, if anywhere. Basically it says something to the effect of "The Tessaban has closed it's eyes, the Ampur has closed it's eyes." I would love to know more about the candidate. I'm guessing he's from Samui as he I can't see anyone not from Samui, or having lived here for a long time, getting elected.

That was what I was thinking Tony! This place used to be called Pong Petch Resort, it was knocked down about 4 years ago now we think, then this place has been starting and stopping for ages. Not sure if it's owned by the same bloke. The sign says exactly that though, that he's reclaimed beach land, and it will be interesting to see where the campaign goes, if anywhere. Basically it says something to the effect of "The Tessaban has closed it's eyes, the Ampur has closed it's eyes." I would love to know more about the candidate. I'm guessing he's from Samui as he I can't see anyone not from Samui, or having lived here for a long time, getting elected.

Wait till the big waves & high tides later this month.It always causes problems there.The place was closed for renovations for a year, then they pulled it all down, started, pulled it all down again & then this big structure.I think it all boils down to, if you had an exixting structure you could renovate,these guys took it one or many steps further with demolition & reclaiming more.

post-10781-1195831808_thumb.jpg

Here's the sign, there isn't actually anything on it about who wrote it. I think the association with this teacher came from another sign along the wall, but it's not clear if in fact he wrote it.

Basically at the top it questions who's beach/land etc, they are using then further down it questions the eyesight :o of the ampur/tessaban/land office, etc.

At the bottom it says that money is changing hands under the table and a saying which roughly translates to "Chinese people say money is a key that opens every door" Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here...

Pretty brazen!