Royal Garden Plaza Opticians

edwardandtubs

I wanted to try out some new frames so went into the opticians in Royal Garden Plaza. The assistant told me the price and I said I might come back later so she started giving me her "special price" and acting like a street vendor. Is this typical conduct of an optician in Pattaya? I want a professional service and fixed prices. Can I get that somewhere like Top Charoen or are you expected to negotiate a "special price" there too?

I wanted to try out some new frames so went into the opticians in Royal Garden Plaza. The assistant told me the price and I said I might come back later so she started giving me her "special price" and acting like a street vendor. Is this typical conduct of an optician in Pattaya? I want a professional service and fixed prices. Can I get that somewhere like Top Charoen or are you expected to negotiate a "special price" there too?

Avoid all of those chain/franchaise type stores.

Try Pattaya Optical on South Pattaya Road a few doors down from Facino Pharmacy.

Thanks for the advice but are you sure it's South Pattaya Road? Their website says Central Pattaya Road and the only Fascino Pharmacy I know is on North Pattaya Road.

Glad you checked it is Pattaya Klang , Central Pattaya Road.

There is another Facino a few doors down from this shop as well.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

Thanks for the DOUBLE recommendation. I'm happy to learn there's a Fascino closer, too!

Thanks for the advice but are you sure it's South Pattaya Road? Their website says Central Pattaya Road and the only Fascino Pharmacy I know is on North Pattaya Road.

The 'real' Facino is on the North Pattaya Road, the big one with everything. I don't even know if that little one on South Pattaya Road is even affiliated.

Back on topic, sort of... I am looking for Nike spectacle frames (by Flexon). By any chance does anyone know if they are available at Pattaya Optical or any other place?

Try Pattaya Optical on South Pattaya Road a few doors down from Facino Pharmacy.

I'm interested in the location of the Fascino Pharmacy. Could you please give a more precise location. Where exactly is it on Pattaya Klang?

It's only about a block down from 2nd road, on the left near that little market. Edwardandtubs thanks for

asking the question, I need to replace some specs as well. I also tried one of those places in the Royal

Garden and they were so obnoxious, I just turned around and walked away. ben arai? ben arai? :o

I bought a pair of rim less glasses out of the the Royal garden in 2004. I was not offered any special price, but they kid who worked there did give me a ride back to the Hotel to get my credit card. The price was about 1/4 the price of what I would have had to pay in the U.S. so I guess I was happy enough with that price.

I don't have any complaints with the glasse or what I paid for the and was planning on buying a new pair there in March. But after reading this thread I will check out Facino first. I would not hesitate to buy another pair from the Royal garden plaza though.

PKG

In the royal garden alone, there are at least (3) eyeglass shops so maybe we need

to be more specific if there are good places to recommend. In general if they start

with that multiple prices available routine, I'm no longer interested. I have a lot of

respect for shops which simply label items at their retail selling price. Fascino is a

pharmacy, I think it was used here as a reference point for directions. :o