Your Opinion, What Is The Most Dangerous Road In Samui

BigC

The worst road on Samui has to be the one BigC stated in his original post. The 99 cross roads. I know of several people who have died there. I do that run regularly to pick friends up from the airport.

I always put my hazzard warning lights on whilst driving straight through the cross roads (as many other drivers do) I also always drive with my side-lights on in the day time, anything to make you more noticeable on the road.

Agree totally. That crossroads has got to be the most dangerous road in Samui. No warning signs, no road markings, no streetlights, drivers who have no idea re right of way at crossroads! It is now so busy as seems to be the main route for minibuses to the airport departures from the ringroad via Bandon. Have seen a few accidents and countless near misses as use the route everyday.

Drivers coming from Bangrak to Chaweng think they can go straight through without stopping as do those coming from Bandon to the airport. Anyone know or how can you tell which is the through road!! :)

Safety at this junction needs to be urgently addressed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst road on Samui has to be the one BigC stated in his original post. The 99 cross roads. I know of several people who have died there. I do that run regularly to pick friends up from the airport.

I always put my hazzard warning lights on whilst driving straight through the cross roads (as many other drivers do) I also always drive with my side-lights on in the day time, anything to make you more noticeable on the road.

Agree totally. That crossroads has got to be the most dangerous road in Samui. No warning signs, no road markings, no streetlights, drivers who have no idea re right of way at crossroads! It is now so busy as seems to be the main route for minibuses to the airport departures from the ringroad via Bandon. Have seen a few accidents and countless near misses as use the route everyday.

Drivers coming from Bangrak to Chaweng think they can go straight through without stopping as do those coming from Bandon to the airport. Anyone know or how can you tell which is the through road!! :)

Safety at this junction needs to be urgently addressed.

Yes , this road is certainly lethal but there is no road on Samui that is not dangerous, the danger level on each one ebbs and flows according to time of day/night. The ablity to

do something stupid is always there. Anywhere near a school will see underage children driving recklessly. Anywhere near a market will see non-multitasking drivers intent on food and impervious to anything which might interfere with their selection of stalls. The list is endless and makes defensive driving a matter of survival.

Jazz at the airport tonight, on the way back home, Airport-Bandon, a Thia drunk as a lord on a bike , no insurance, no lisence, no helmet, hits our car. He was very lucky that we saw him coming so we stopped our car. Our car damages. He climbed on his bike again and goes his way. Whats going on.. this people are so dangerous not alone for themselves but also for all the other people on their way back home, have to burn maybe a lot of candles for good luck..Police please this people in jail, an their bikes burn them all! Samui accidents: drunk people on a bike, dead cause number one!!