Buying A Used European Car

rixalex

Audi make cars in Thailand ??

And so far I have found german makes very reliable.

I'm pretty sure they were never straight imports, they are CKD - body kits assembled locally. They use Yontrakit plant for that, I believe. That's how they come up with Thai specs, smaller engines, air-con and all.

Audi make cars in Thailand ??

And so far I have found german makes very reliable.

I'm pretty sure they were never straight imports, they are CKD - body kits assembled locally. They use Yontrakit plant for that, I believe. That's how they come up with Thai specs, smaller engines, air-con and all.

I'm pretty sure that is true.

Does anybody believe that would be a problem, leaving aside the general level of Thai craftsmanship? :o

This is a very interesting thread! Also just in time that now I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand euro car so perhaps I can post my questions here.

Which car/brand is better? Benz C180/C200 kompressor or BMW 323i SE? I'm currently looking at these two models (year 2002-2003) as they are in the same price range about 1.2 to 1.6 million baht but I still yet to know the difference in the cost of maintenance (dealer) and the availability of garage for some bodyworks in case of accidents and the cost of insurance. I bet that the depreciation of these two cars are the same and since that had already depreciated the most they won't depreciated much anymore in the coming say 5 years.

Anyone had bought 2nd hand of one of these cars and any suggestions? Will I bankrupt my pocket from the maintenance cost and the Mrs will kill me after buying one fo these? Should I buy a new japanese car instead? I already have 2 jap cars both bought new. If I will buy 1 euro car this time I had to let go one of the japs.