Music Ceasing At The Climax Bar

PanzerJohn

Too bad, but predictable...I used to be a regular in the old days when it was still an open bar. Once they closed it, the noise level was no longer bearable and I never stood longer than for one drink - and this only two or three times. Never saw much audience on those occasions either...

Known about this for a while now, Afraid to say that they won't be coming to me.

I'm happy with my new line up which has a guitarist that is new to Pattaya and they are doing fine, no need as yet to bring in any other known musicians in Pattaya.

The word is that the owner of climax is having a break then they will look to reopen elsewhere.

:o

(sad thing of course is that its turning into a bloody gogo)

Edited by davethailand

Known about this for a while now, Afraid to say that they won't be coming to me.

I'm happy with my new line up which has a guitarist that is new to Pattaya and they are doing fine, no need as yet to bring in any other known musicians in Pattaya.

The word is that the owner of climax is having a break then they will look to reopen elsewhere.

:D

(sad thing of course is that its turning into a bloody gogo)

I would imagine the band will find a new venue fairly quickly.I don't know who owns the Climax but maybe it was a rent/lease issue?.Theres always somone who thinks they can make a fortune by opening up yet another go go :o .Look forward to checking out your new band after Xmas.

This was one of my favourite hangouts on walking street. Sad to see them moveon. I was there last night so the 11/23 date announced on their website was not correct. Not sure when they will shut down but still going for now. Another go-go - already too many and the talent spread too thin - imho. Another one of my favourite rock bands - pop's all stars seem to have disappeared. I am sure someone on this thread will know where they landed.

This was one of my favourite hangouts on walking street. Sad to see them moveon. I was there last night so the 11/23 date announced on their website was not correct. Not sure when they will shut down but still going for now. Another go-go - already too many and the talent spread too thin - imho. Another one of my favourite rock bands - pop's all stars seem to have disappeared. I am sure someone on this thread will know where they landed.

Was chatting to Pop last week in my place.

He plays at Hard Rock on thursday's and Easyriders in nth Pattaya (don't know what nights). :o

On the other side of the road from Easyriders,going south about 200 yards, by the little open air market, there's a little music bar. The band plays rock and the bassist is Nok who used to be in the Climax band, they usually know who's where and when, the often play up at Easyriders after they finish there.

On the other side of the road from Easyriders,going south about 200 yards, by the little open air market, there's a little music bar. The band plays rock and the bassist is Nok who used to be in the Climax band, they usually know who's where and when, the often play up at Easyriders after they finish there.

You mean the Hot Tuna? Excellent place, reminds me a bit of the Climax in its heydays!

That's a real shame, my favorite place to chill out and listen to some great music. Also had a bit of a crush on the lady singer.... The location would make a good restaurant / bar though I suppose, great views of the bay out the back.

• 3 weeks later...
:o Just for everyones info Pops Pattaya All Stars play at Easyriders every night but Thursday and Saturday. They have 2 bands one starts at 7:30 and Pop is on at 10:00. It my hangout as I have followed Pop and his "bands" all over Pattaya! Even managed to go and see them at Ploenchit Fair in Bangkok :D

• 3 weeks later...