Queens Birthday 12th August 2008

taupo67

This year we will be in Bangkok on the Queens Birthday and know Mothers day is a Public Holiday and was wondering how this impacted on life in the city.

In particular will tourist spots be shut during the day (inc Grand Palace, MBK and malls, Damnoen Floating Markets etc) or is it just business as usual.

Plus I'm sure when we were in Phuket two years back many bars shut up for the day but this summer in Hua Hin I'm sure it was business as usual. So what happens in Bangkok in the evening????

Any help would be most appreciated.

THANKS

STEVE & KELLY

• 8 months later...
This year we will be in Bangkok on the Queens Birthday and know Mothers day is a Public Holiday and was wondering how this impacted on life in the city.

In particular will tourist spots be shut during the day (inc Grand Palace, MBK and malls, Damnoen Floating Markets etc) or is it just business as usual.

Plus I'm sure when we were in Phuket two years back many bars shut up for the day but this summer in Hua Hin I'm sure it was business as usual. So what happens in Bangkok in the evening????

Any help would be most appreciated.

THANKS

STEVE & KELLY

I'd like to know, too. Specifically the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaeow and Vimanmek Palace. We have visitors from Taiwan and they're hoping to go there on Tuesday. Anybody know for sure, or semi-sure??

ALL shops/ping centers and tourist-places, like all you mention are open as normal. These open 365 days/yr.

What is CLOSED are the real govmt. offices, real banks(NOT the numerous exchanges) etc.

Admire the giant and beautiful fireworks in the evenings-near the river.

ALL shops/ping centers and tourist-places, like all you mention are open as normal. These open 365 days/yr.

What is CLOSED are the real govmt. offices, real banks(NOT the numerous exchanges) etc.

Admire the giant and beautiful fireworks in the evenings-near the river.

Thanks Asanee