Walking Street

N47HAN

at least since 1983...first time I hit Soi Diamond.....

German guy used to own/run the roundabout bars...revolving thingies and he asked me one day to help him fix one of them..... :o ...and... believe that they are still turning...... :D

isn't there a thrad somewhere with cool old pics of walking street years ago?

I prefer the HOT pics to the cool pics

I thought this thread "how long" was going to be about the old debate of "how long" the street will continue in it's present form.

I had a small restaurant/hotel back in 91 on Walking Street. At that time it was not a "walking street" The scene outside the Marine Bar at 4/5 am was unbelievable something like a cross between MadMax and Night of the Zombies

We all get a little miffed at the throngs of "tourists" shuffeling down the street - but I think this will help to ensure the survival of "Walking Street" for a considerable time to come

German guy used to own/run the roundabout bars...revolving thingies and he asked me one day to help him fix one of them..... :o ...and... believe that they are still turning...... :D

might of been Hans or Ruudi.

• 2 weeks later...

might of been Hans or Ruudi.

Could have been.. :D

Also use to meet him outside the Malibu Bar at the top end of post office (did he own it then..?)when we would all sit with the local lassies and share some hawker food at ...1 Bt a go.....mai peng...but then it was a few years ago... :D

Always remember how DUSTY Patti was ..the roads were all just dirt tracks and you needed face masks when it got really whiffy...also no real drains./sewers....

The bars however were open all night and you could always have a nightcap in the Palm Villa before crashing out...an Oasis of tranquility amist the Chaos...and had a nice pool.... :D