Killer Wholes!

This is for any Billabong Dave' friends around and in Samui island. With respect;

Knowledge is that Billabong Dave hit the very same hole in his fatal night that I did some nights later. The one in Bandon hospital crossing (Ring road). It is unforgetable that no one on the island can take responsibility of a deathly holes in the middle of the (highway) ringroad even to the simplest point. My bikes rim flattened on one side and brought it back the square root. That is where Dave unfortunately met his maker (don't know down the details but Thai guy was involved).

Samui City (that it finally is to my knowledge) should be sued by letting people drive in to this deadly hole in the middle of the road. If you have a hole in the middle of the road for weeks, city should easily frikking have it rounded and put up some warning signs. I remembered seeing some chairs there to warn people earlier but there was nothing once I hit it and it was after Dave's incident.

Anyone wanting to respect his life could follow this task. As for me, I'm glad to be around and mention this fact. Won't be suing anyone thought since I love my life too much...

Ah, there should be that question since this is a forum. Where do you file a law suit against Samui City?

This is for any Billabong Dave' friends around and in Samui island. With respect; Knowledge is that Billabong Dave hit the very same hole in his fatal night that I did some nights later. The one in Bandon hospital crossing (Ring road). It is unforgetable that no one on the island can take responsibility of a deathly holes in the middle of the (highway) ringroad even to the simplest point. My bikes rim flattened on one side and brought it back the square root. That is where Dave unfortunately met his maker (don't know down the details but Thai guy was involved). Samui City (that it finally is to my knowledge) should be sued by letting people drive in to this deadly hole in the middle of the road. If you have a hole in the middle of the road for weeks, city should easily frikking have it rounded and put up some warning signs. I remembered seeing some chairs there to warn people earlier but there was nothing once I hit it and it was after Dave's incident. Anyone wanting to respect his life could follow this task. As for me, I'm glad to be around and mention this fact. Won't be suing anyone thought since I love my life too much... Ah, there should be that question since this is a forum. Where do you file a law suit against Samui City?

in the middle of the road? are you shure.........

maybe you mean the <deleted>****g hole 200m before BigC on the left side where the bikes must drive.....

and after the rain, nobody can see this damned hole because it's filled with water :o

Chayaphum

PS: sorry, english isn't my mother language...but what is that "Killer Wholes"

PS2: nobody here is responsible for any accidents, everybody has to take care him self, that's LOS

The Problem just keeps getting worse. I have to have my truck serviced every 2 month because of dammage caused by the roads here on Samui.

I go to Surat and it is like I am driving a new truck, no water on the roads, no holes.

Agian, no one seems to give a sxxx about us here on Samui. The repairs done on the roads only add to the problems as they are very shody and temporary. Sand is a good base for concreat but the road bed must be properly prepaired. Water gets under the cement and it causes a hole as there is no support for the cement.

I no longer ride a motorcycle on Samui as it has become to dangerious, what with the holes, standing water and other obsticals put in your path.

Until the "powers that be" make a decision to upgrade and repair the infrastructure on Samui and do it properly Samui will remain a second rate tourist destionation.

Just a note, the roads in Natorn are getting very bad, should be intersting when they attempt to repair those roads and still maintaine the traffic.

By the way cement takes 21 days to fully cure!

Have a nice week.

Latest is that they fixed the Bandon hospital hole. Too late way too little. The guy who pocketed about 5cm of the ring road layer of cement should be shot in the first light of day (which ever holiday destination he currently is hiding). His piss poor job has caused so many deaths on ring road that it must come close to world record.

They "fixed" it. They filled it up with something, but already now, a few days later, it coming back a little. Somebody took the time to fill it, and if they had just put a little concrete there too, it might have lasted. They didn´t.

Ghoastroad repair is happening though. The new sign says they are starting november 30 (yesterday) and i saw some people run around with cameras and messure-equipment yesterday. They were suppose to close the bad part (btween blessing and team-mart) yesterday but as far as i saw it was still open. Hope is absolutely there this time. There are now very detailed information on 2 different thai-signs at the same place. The big green one, and the smaller one with updates. From what i understand its going to be one of the best roads on the island. Wide and with perfect drainage and thick concrete the whole way from Banrak to Lakeroad. Lets see what happens and how long time it takes before the heavy trucks f*** it up again.

Any news on the Samui-express statements that some money where relised from Surath for fixing Samui-roads?

We sure need it, but Samui-express "news" is not nessesaraly facts all the time. Would be nice to get a confirm from another source. Anyone heard anything?

They "fixed" it. They filled it up with something, but already now, a few days later, it coming back a little. Somebody took the time to fill it, and if they had just put a little concrete there too, it might have lasted. They didn´t.

Ghoastroad repair is happening though. The new sign says they are starting november 30 (yesterday) and i saw some people run around with cameras and messure-equipment yesterday. They were suppose to close the bad part (btween blessing and team-mart) yesterday but as far as i saw it was still open.

Little update. They came and stuffed some silly sticks around. It looks like any part that has space will be wider and anything without space will be narrower. Road is going to look like a boa with multiple melting rabbits inside. Engineers should (could) have naturally come little bit earlier than just a day before you bring in the heavy equipment and start slapping cement all over the place. There's only one short sighted vision in this - lets do it and get people quiet.

What ever they do won't last long is for sure. Preparation is next to nil. Few sticks wont make a road in a real world. If that was the case I would have been an engineer (road). Rather you would expect some respect from the people that run the city to proper planning. Few signs and cement slapping on top of sand wont last long as anyone can predict. Just remembering time when they actually "fixed" this part of the road 2002 or -03. Extra widening patches were good for massive two to three weeks before trucks started to make cracks and eventually unfixable tends all over the road.

What can you say when you're not a tax payer here? Focking fix it properly!

Another problem is the serious overloading of heavy trucks carrying sand and dirt. The roads that do have some engineering aren't designed for a dump truck that is seriously over the regulated weight. I remember years ago one of the Bkk politicians (Sanan?) lobbied to have the weight limits raised despite the evidence that it would damage the highways. Mainly because he owned a trucking company.

BKK, unfortunately what you're saying is true. These guys are so corrupted that when they can see that 5 cm thinning (happend way back when Ring Road was build) going to their "family", whose there to stop 'em. It all counts also if you don't make proper ground work for cement. Heck, what I've seen in real world is that they peel all this old crap away and bring in sand, gravel, these leveling machines and those round wheeled things (pardon my explaining). Maybe then after all this they will finally start to put stuff on layer after layer. Lets laugh and see what happens in the neighbourhood...

Little update. They came and stuffed some silly sticks around. It looks like any part that has space will be wider and anything without space will be narrower. Road is going to look like a boa with multiple melting rabbits inside. Engineers should (could) have naturally come little bit earlier than just a day before you bring in the heavy equipment and start slapping cement all over the place. There's only one short sighted vision in this - lets do it and get people quiet.

What ever they do won't last long is for sure. Preparation is next to nil. Few sticks wont make a road in a real world. If that was the case I would have been an engineer (road). Rather you would expect some respect from the people that run the city to proper planning. Few signs and cement slapping on top of sand wont last long as anyone can predict. Just remembering time when they actually "fixed" this part of the road 2002 or -03. Extra widening patches were good for massive two to three weeks before trucks started to make cracks and eventually unfixable tends all over the road.

What can you say when you're not a tax payer here? Focking fix it properly!

Well, i have to dissagree with that post. Why are you so negative? :o:D

From what i´ve seen they are still preparing and to me (im no road-engineer) it looks that they are planning to do a proper job this time. So far there have been no "cement slapping all over the place". Just keep on measuring and planning this new road. Dont really see whats wrong so far??

Lets give them the chance to start it up before we start slandering the whole project on Thaivisa. What do we know, maybe they are actually doing it the proper way this time? Looks good to me, anyway.

And that they done crap-repairs in the past might actually be a good thing, they might have learned. :D

I still have hope, at least so far.

Another thing that makes me hopeful is the new road they builded from the lake to lamdin. It seems to me (again i am not a road-engineer) it has higher quality than the rest of the samui-roads and they are using proper methods. That road (i think its the latest they builded on the island?) have the same quality im used to from Europe. To me it seems they got rid off the hillbillies, called in engineers and decided to spend some money. Only time will tell if im wrong. Hope not. :D

A good example of poor materials and workmanship is the short stretch of road at the south end of Chaweng Lake, where the detour begins coming from Lamai.

It is a couple hundred meters long, concrete (not asphalt) and quite wide. It is easy to see that the mix of concrete was uneven and was not laid properly. Patches already are showing signs of wearing away.

This road isn't dangerous, but a litmus strip of how shoddy things (even simple ones) can be.

At least it was a nice road for a few months. ...

I might add here that even though the roads are changing all the time, as if we live on an active faultline, driving slowly and with caution (sober) can make all the difference, even if you are familiar with where all the sink holes are or are developing.

Well, i have to dissagree with that post. Why are you so negative? :o:D

There's a little twist of sarcasm in my expectation of what will come out of this new Ghost Road. I would gladly be wrong in what ever the end product will be but still... (lets keep our fingers crossed)