Can I Change A Non Imm O To A Non Imm B Locally?

Yes it is possible to do this in Bangkok. I haven't done this myself but a good friend did, but he did have some 'hiccups'! Why? you can work and apply for a W/P on a 'O' visa.

didnt know I could have WP with an Non Imm O.

Anything that B has that O does not that I should be careful about with regard to WP applications?

Hollers

Unfortunately i can't answer your last question, maybe Ken can. You could also check out www.thaiimmigration.com/ if it's up and running or there's link somewhere on thaivisa to ask questions but i've only found it once, and the bloody search doesn't help.

I converted a 60 day tourist visa to a Non Imm O

by showing I had all the requirements for a

retirement 1 yr extension.

If you do the same showing the biz qulaifications,

I would think a Non Imm O to a B would be

easier.

This was done at Suan Plu in Bangkok.

There is no need to "convert" an entry permit from an O visa into B status. You can get a work permit with an entry permit issued against a class O visa - this is entirely routine (a work permit requires just a non-immigrant visa - whether O or B is immaterial - the eligibility standards are actually easier with an "O" - i.e.you can work for any Thai employer, not just one with 2,000,000 baht or greater registered capital).

If you later wish to apply for an extended entry permit, you can simply do this on Class O status - using your salary from employment to demonstrate that you are supporting a Thai spouse. Your entry permit status will be "extended non-immigrant entry permit based on support of a Thai spouse". For this, your Thai spouse must accompany you to Immigration on day you submit application.

Finally, if you so choose, you can extend your class O extry permit on the basis of employment - this is where the 2,000,000 baht paid in capital, four Thai employees, and minimum qualifying salary come into play. This is my personal status - class O entry permit extended on the basis of qualifying employment.

There is no transaction to "convert" your status from one to the other status. You are simply extending what they view as a "generic" non-immigrant entry permit, under one or the other processing procedures.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com