Pool Cover

Jorn

Have been trying to find a pool cover as is normally used around the world, but no luck. Also one of those solar covers to keep the pool from loosing too much heat. Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but the pool really gets cold these days.

Anybody heard about these covers?

Thanks,

Jorn

Have been trying to find a pool cover as is normally used around the world, but no luck. Also one of those solar covers to keep the pool from loosing too much heat. Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but the pool really gets cold these days.

Thanks,

Jorn

Jorn,,, sorry ,ate ,,, cant really help with the pool cover ,,l am sure they would be available somewhere ,,,,,, but if you get desperate ,,, get a reasonable length of black pvc pipe (1 inch diameter) ,,lay it in the sun and recirculate the water through your pool ,,, l agree ,, the water does get cold ,,,l have to pshyc myself up heaps before l have the daily dip ,,,, good luck

cheers

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

Jorn

Jorn,,, sorry ,ate ,,, cant really help with the pool cover ,,l am sure they would be available somewhere ,,,,,, but if you get desperate ,,, get a reasonable length of black pvc pipe (1 inch diameter) ,,lay it in the sun and recirculate the water through your pool ,,, l agree ,, the water does get cold ,,,l have to pshyc myself up heaps before l have the daily dip ,,,, good luck

cheers

There are three basic types of covers. Mesh which is held by studs placed in your surrounding pool deck, thick rubberized vinyl that uses a motor to cover-uncover the pool, or a very thin tarp like affair that uses water tubes of 8-10 feet to hold it in place. Any large tarp you can find in one piece should suffice for your purpose.

Your solar cover is referred to as a solar blanket in the US and basically resembles bubble wrap.

All these covers which were mfg in the US and Canada are being made in mostly in China now.

I dunno if I'd restrict my return lines to the pool to a 1" size unless that is the size of lines coming from the filter system., although the idea is good. Home mfg solar heaters can be quite effeicent if enough piping is exposed to the sun. It would be good to build a diverting manifold for the times that you don't want to heat pool anymore than it is.

Try Googling Solar Direct Pool Covers, basically a high grade bubble wrap and can be cut with a scissors to make a custom fit. They tend to suck down on the water so even a strong wind won't blow it off. They are fairly cheap (around USD 100.00) but shipping may be expensive. I have used this particular model and their statements on temperature increase are fairly accurate.