Heartless Penang - Baby Soon + Have Money =

I am in chock ! Here is my FACTS :

*Not yet 50 year

*Girlfriend pregnant 8 months ( letter from Hospital) !

*I transfer money from my country monthly, to a Thai bank account (B 1.000,000 year +)

(show bank book + bank letter + Embassy letter from my country ; pension guaranteed)

and still I got : " do not apply new visa at Penang again "

I am without words now for what I feel, and what this realy mean for us.

Where is Humanity in this ?

Any, any, any people here who have a good advice what to do, please send Private Mail to me.

Marry application takes 4-6 months my Embassy told me. I want to be here when our baby is born and the coming months before and after !

Please help us with useful information.

Not clear from your post if you are in Los or not now.

If yes, just go get married and apply for the marriage visa here.

You not being married is the sticking point as nobody knows the baby is yours for sure, except you and her and you do not yet have a birth certificate to prove it.

I would say just stay on a tourist visa but presume you have run out of those.

Get married and apply here, I would imagine there is some special circumstnaces for this at immigration in Suan Plu, however if you do not get any good resonse from one person, go a step higher till you do, or use a lawyer to assist and speed things up and hopefull he will be one with contacts inside.

1. You are not married and do not have a child so you are not eligible for a non immigrant visa.

2. If you just obtained a tourist visa you child should have been born before you need another so the birth certificate should serve to be a source for a non immigrant visa issue then.

3. Is your Embassy saying it will take them months to provide you a letter so that you can marry? That sounds like a problem unique to your country as most do it in a day or two.

4. Once married and with a non immigrant O visa you will be able to use that embassy letter of pension (if 40k per month or more) to obtain one year extensions of stay from Immigration.

Sorry to hear about your plight OP. Penang has really done an about face in the past 3 months. I remember rumors circulating before this stamp stuff started that the Penang Consulate would be closing its doors in the not too distant future. Now with all this stamp stuff happening it would seem that the consulate would be pretty much of a ghost town so they may as well go ahead and close it down. Maybe the rumors were true

Sorry to hear about your plight OP. Penang has really done an about face in the past 3 months. I remember rumors circulating before this stamp stuff started that the Penang Consulate would be closing its doors in the not too distant future. Now with all this stamp stuff happening it would seem that the consulate would be pretty much of a ghost town so they may as well go ahead and close it down. Maybe the rumors were true

:o

I am truly sorry to hear of the hassle you have had too. But, I have to say, those I meet (and I live in a soi with three large condo buildings with around 300 westerners residing in these, ranging from Brazilian models to English layabouts (me) and still, I have not heard of anyone being refused a t.v. at Penang -nor the dreaded stamp. Now, I know there will be people coming on this thread and saying "well, I did!" e.t.c.

I like this forum for many reasons, but accuracy is not one of them as there aint any here when it comes to a pattern of consistency that can give any confidence to anyone about the chances vs certainty of any visa. Wow! Enjoyed getting that off my lazy ass.

"".

*Not yet 50 year

*I transfer money from my country monthly, to a Thai bank account (B 1.000,000 year +)

(show bank book + bank letter + Embassy letter from my country ; pension guaranteed)

Any, any, any people here who have a good advice what to do, please send Private Mail to me.

Marry application takes 4-6 months my Embassy told me. I want to be here when our baby is born and the coming months before and after !

If you need another tourist visa, just go to Vietiane. You should be able to score a few more and maybe a double which will give you plenty of time to get organised. Don't worry about Penang...they're giving out warning stamps left, right and center...you're not alone.

I am puzzled as to why the OP blames The Thai Consulate in Penang.

The regulations are quite clear and he does not qualify.

Tough, but there it is.

He does not say what nationality he is, so we cannot really comment on why the

letter from the embassy, required to get married, will take so long.

I have to agree that the norm is days at the most, not months.

With a marriage certificate, life will be easier. :o

As Lopburi says , the op does not qualify. If he were to marry his girlfriend then he would get a Non Imm O Visa.

When his child is born he will get a Non Imm O Visa if his name is on the birth certificate.

Since October last year, there's no Non-Imm visa available based on fathering a Thai child.

Since October last year, there's no Non-Imm visa available based on fathering a Thai child.

He can apply for a Multi Entry Non Imm O visa for the reason of visiting Thai family at a consulate outside Thailand by producing the Thai birth certificate of his child. (at present he is not eligible for a Non Imm) I believe it was the ability to seek a 1 year extension to that Visa that was withdrawn.

To get legally married in Thailand within about a week do as follows:

1. Download and print out this form: http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/statutory_declaration.doc and fill it out with your data as shown in this picture: http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/statutory_declaration.jpg DO NOT SIGN IT YET. (free, 5 Minutes)

2. Go to your embassy in BKK and sign the form there. The embassy should certify your signature. They will not certify the contents of this declaration, just your signature. Thats OK. If they tell you that this will not work: insist! It is their job to certify signatures. (free, 10 Minutes)

3. Go to the next translation office near your embassy and get it translated into Thai. (a few 100 Baht, 5 hours)

4. With this 2 papers go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They will check the translation and the signature from your Embassy. The translation office will know where you have to go and can direct a taxi driver to bring you there. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will need about 3 working days for its task. (small fee, 3 workdays waiting)

5. With this papers and your passport, your wife, her Tabien ban, birth certificate and ID card, you go to any Amphor and get married. You should bring along two witnesses too. They may require that you to bring along a translator, if your Thai is not good. You will get a marriage certificate in duplicate. (free, 1 hour)

6. Ask for two copies of the pages in the book where you signed (some embassies to not accept the marriage certificates) and get them certified by the same Amphor (10 Baht, 3 Minutes). Make also certified copies of your wifes birth certificate, tabien ban, ID and passport - if she has one. (20 Baht, 2 Minutes)

7. Send this copies to your embassy (10 baht) and the embassy will be responsible to register your marriage in your home country too. If your copies do not include a paper with her full name in roman script, give them a note how her name should be written.

Regards

Thedi

PS1: I married, following this procedure, 13 years ago and I did never regret it. Hope it will work out for you as well as it did for me.

PS2: until step 4 it is all just preparations. At step 5 you get legally married. This is binding - it is no joke.

PS3: If you prefer to read it in German, you may find a more detailed description at http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/

PS4: in step 3, the Thai writing (and pronunciation) of your name will be fixed for the rest of your life, and for your child too. Give this some attention and get advise from somebody how is fluent in Thai, English and the language of your home country (not your wife).

2. Go to your embassy in BKK and sign the form there. The embassy should certify your signature. They will not certify the contents of this declaration, just your signature. Thats OK. If they tell you that this will not work: insist! It is their job to certify signatures. (free, 10 Minutes)

[/endquote]

Well, it may or may not be free, so be aware. If it is a US Consulate, they will probably charge you less than $10.00 for a notary fee. Not sure about others, so YMMV.

I agree with just about everything else, though. Of course, exactly how quick it is may depend upon the mood of the officials involved. :o

John

First of all : thanks for many nice responses :o

1= yes, I have run out of TV in Penang (got many)

2= I check recommendation about apply Multi Non O in Europa (my country,under age 50, give maksimum 2 entry Tourist visa, and the airplane ticket + Hotel + visa + wait almost a week = THB 75.000 )

3= I check recommendations to go to a spesific friendly consulate in Europa (Airplaine ticket THB 65.000 + visa THB 7.000 + Hotel/food/transportation THB 10.000 +. Total THB 82.000 or more :D

Quit much when also have DNA test to pay for THB ????? and the birth THB 32.000 or more.

4= Yes I speak realy that my country use months to issue approval for marry in Thailand. I not just think so, I have been in person at the Embassy and also call them to check again.

So, do I have any options other than the above (go Europa, pay total THB 82.000 + +?)

Since I already have red stamp in my passport, will I get any tourist visa in Vietianne or other place ?

Moderators, I have read alot of your good advices to other members here. In my case, what do I do now ?

I have received 2 PM from members, 1 is "not quit legal way" and no 2 might bring problems in the future - so I look for other legal options.

Please (haven't slept good since I got back from Malaysia.

NOTE : I see a post ask me why I blame Penang. I not "blame" any Consulate. Almost 10 years ago when I moved here, Malaysia consulate gave me Non O because I had good steady pension. I just wish same most other members here, that the rules could stay unchanged for more than months or only 1-2 years. This how it's been here the last years.

I have never "overstay" my visa, I have never broken any Thai Law. I respect Thai people and are nice to them.

I am only a guest in this country and visa is not a right, its a privilege one might get, or not get.

But in my /our currents situation, most countries would be nice to not use the red stamp.

I have maksimum bad luck to get the red stamp now, when our first child is due to be born,and my visa expire the same week.

Thats why my 1 post said : "heartless Penang + where is Humanity

I might not be here when our child is born, and that should have been taken under consideration before I was given the red stamp.

The Consulate was given the confirmation from the hospital !

Sadly, the person who critize my first post here, do not understand this.

As Lopburi says , the op does not qualify. If he were to marry his girlfriend then he would get a Non Imm O Visa.

When his child is born he will get a Non Imm O Visa if his name is on the birth certificate.

Can any confirm this ? : unmarried, but my name as the father on the Birth certificate = Non O ?

(wasn't that removed last year, bec "o many foreigners just got a lady pregnant, so they could stay here" ?)

Are Hospitals OK to issue this document, based on information from the mother ?

Will the local Amphur office issue this document ?

DNA test a demand ? Any know how much for a DNA test ?

Can any confirm this ? : unmarried, but my name as the father on the Birth certificate = Non O ?

(wasn't that removed last year, bec "o many foreigners just got a lady pregnant, so they could stay here" ?)

Are Hospitals OK to issue this document, based on information from the mother ?

Will the local Amphur office issue this document ?

DNA test a demand ? Any know how much for a DNA test ?

The hospital names the father on the certificate as advised by the mother/family, with the certificate from the hospital the Amphur processes the birth papers. Never heard about needing a DNA check

Being the father of a child with a Thai birth certificate should enable you to apply for a Non Imm O visa based on visiting your Thai child. However you may not get a multi entry locally.

First of all : thanks for many nice responses :o

2= I check recommendation about apply Multi Non O in Europa (my country,under age 50, give maksimum 2 entry Tourist visa, and the airplane ticket + Hotel + visa + wait almost a week = THB 75.000 )

Sadly, the person who critize my first post here, do not understand this.

Then dont go to your own country.. Oz hand them you to walk ins.. As will Many in the UK.. Most issued in a day so I have no idea what week you need to wait..

Flights to oz and 3 days can be done for 30k.. Then you have a real on year visa.. 2500 baht approx per month..

Whats the problem ??

*Not yet 50 year

Why on earth would you have a baby in a different country when you are relying on tourist visas to remain in the country ? No wonder they are cracking down on tourist visas for non-tourists.

Then dont go to your own country.. Oz hand them you to walk ins.. As will Many in the UK.. Most issued in a day so I have no idea what week you need to wait..

Flights to oz and 3 days can be done for 30k.. Then you have a real on year visa.. 2500 baht approx per month..

Whats the problem ??

Last poster:

I also look for one year visa. Flights to oz ?

Details please: name airport and embassy or consulate in oz, if you have?

:o

NOT TRUE, if you are talking about the 3 months Non O Visa...

I get refused for a Tourist Visa this months in Penang, and my agent told me that i could change it to Non O visa (3 months) if i show the birth certificate of my son born in thailand and with my navn in. so my girlfriend sent a fax to me at my hotel in penang, and 2 days after i have a Non O Visa. for showing birth certificate (my son, my son have all my names in papper), bank book (statement) not alot of money, but okay, house paper from where in thailand we stay and copy of my girlsfriends Thai ID cards.

Im under 50 years old. from Denmark. And i never thik about that kind of visa exist, before my agent was telling me that i could get this,

and its better because now i have a real visa and 3 months. and not same as before with the tourist visa every 2 months I have to go to the immigrations office for extend it. and i think i can get this kind of visa all the time and no problem how many i have in my passport already.

Edited by putdk

ThaidleHands - some people are having trouble obtaining a visa. This causes a lot of worry and hurt for many people. To be honest this forum could use a few less of the "well im ok and so screw the rest" sort and a few more of those that can actually offer some helpful advice.

ThaidleHands - some people are having trouble obtaining a visa. This causes a lot of worry and hurt for many people. To be honest this forum could use a few less of the "well im ok and so screw the rest" sort and a few more of those that can actually offer some helpful advice.

You are correct my friend, it has to be the single most annoying thing about this section of the forum hands down

1. Download and print out this form: http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/statutory_declaration.doc and fill it out with your data as shown in this picture: http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/statutory_declaration.jpg DO NOT SIGN IT YET. (free, 5 Minutes)

3. Go to the next translation office near your embassy and get it translated into Thai. (a few 100 Baht, 5 hours)

4. With this 2 papers go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They will check the translation and the signature from your Embassy. The translation office will know where you have to go and can direct a taxi driver to bring you there. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will need about 3 working days for its task. (small fee, 3 workdays waiting)

5. With this papers and your passport, your wife, her Tabien ban, birth certificate and ID card, you go to any Amphor and get married. You should bring along two witnesses too. They may require that you to bring along a translator, if your Thai is not good. You will get a marriage certificate in duplicate. (free, 1 hour)

6. Ask for two copies of the pages in the book where you signed (some embassies to not accept the marriage certificates) and get them certified by the same Amphor (10 Baht, 3 Minutes). Make also certified copies of your wifes birth certificate, tabien ban, ID and passport - if she has one. (20 Baht, 2 Minutes)

7. Send this copies to your embassy (10 baht) and the embassy will be responsible to register your marriage in your home country too. If your copies do not include a paper with her full name in roman script, give them a note how her name should be written.

Regards

Thedi

PS1: I married, following this procedure, 13 years ago and I did never regret it. Hope it will work out for you as well as it did for me.

PS2: until step 4 it is all just preparations. At step 5 you get legally married. This is binding - it is no joke.

PS3: If you prefer to read it in German, you may find a more detailed description at http://thedi.ethz.ch/faq/

PS4: in step 3, the Thai writing (and pronunciation) of your name will be fixed for the rest of your life, and for your child too. Give this some attention and get advise from somebody how is fluent in Thai, English and the language of your home country (not your wife).

Thedi : thank you for use lot of your time, writing this response. :o

I printed it out, took it to a recommended Lawyer and he made some calls to Amphur offices,and the response was "That is not possible now. Must have "Certificate of no Impediment to marriage" letter from Embassy from country of origin". To do same you explain here, simply to guarantee that I myself is free to marry, is no longer possible, or advisable. But thank you for your long post Thedi. I am too late for your option.

Someone who can't manage his visa status is going to try to manage fatherhood?

Excuse me ...... I have previous passport full of NON O visa !

If you read my 1 post = I have 25 % more income than Thai Embassy / Consulate / Immigration demand for Retirement visa or married visa. So until now, my visa status have not been a problem at any time - for almost 10 years !!! OK ?

I CAN manage my visa issues IF Thailand could stop changing the regulations all the time.

Have you been long time in Thailand ? Then you should know this !

Your comment doesn't help me or other people in same situation, and should not be replied buy me. But when you make that ( last part) kind of comment = ....................... !

By the way : 2 other guys was also given the red stamp and 1 guy was denied visa (visa rejected it said).

Why on earth would you have a baby in a different country when you are relying on tourist visas to remain in the country ? No wonder they are cracking down on tourist visas for non-tourists.

EmptyMind : I have previous passport full of NON O visa, based on income alone !

But after read your post, I guess it's my fault that Thailand change visa regulations all the time (?)

What you not seems to understand is : people under 50 years have no other choise at the moment, we only get tourist visa. But as I already said, my previous passport is full of NON O visa for Thailand.= previously (1 year ago and more) there was no problem to get (NON O)

Thailand crack down on tourist visa because they think we all are low budget tourist who not spend anything here. Well, I spend more than THB 1.000.000 in Thailand every year. And I have good medical insurance, cover 5.000.000 etc etc etc

The problem is that Thailand have forget those younger than 50 years, unmarried, who have money.

For us there is no option other than wait to be 50 year.

Or marry, but many have "alreade been there and done that"

EmptyMind hmmmmmmmm