Afl Round 22

Donno

It's the final round before the finals, who'll win?

Collingwood vs Carlton M.C.G.

Richmond vs Sydney M.C.G.

West Coast vs Melbourne Subiaco

Brisbane Lions vs Kangaroos Gabba

St. Kilda vs Fremantle Telstra Dome

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide AAMI Stadium

Essendon vs Western Bulldogs Telstra Dome

Geelong vs Hawthorn Skilled Stadium

My Tips...

Woods

Swans

WCE

Lions

Saints

Port

Bombers

Cats

Looks like you aren't expecting any upsets in the final round Donno? Logic says you are spot on with your tips but with the way things have been going lately anything can happen!

If there are to be upsets it could be:

* Richmond to push the Swans - Frawley's last game and the lads playing for a spot next year under Wallace.

* Fremantle v Saints - excellent form for Freo away from Subi (Gellong exception in freezing conditions) so don't be surprised to see them go close too at Telstra Dome.

Either way, I'll be heading down to the Bus Stop to catch some of the action!

Go Eagles!

GGG

I haven't got 8 right any weekend for the whole season so I don't expect to start now.

So your right there's bound to be an upset or 2. Thats footy. The Eagles are travelling so-so at the moment so I wouldn't put the farm on it.

The Eagles are travelling so-so at the moment so I wouldn't put the farm on it.

So So?? They are THE form side of the competition having won 7 out of their last 8!! Unlike previous years when they have limped into the September action it looks like they will be heading in with a full head of steam....

It's a funny game football though.... :D

And let's agree not to talk tipping! :o

GGG are you from Perth? I am and I used to barrack for Subi when I lived there. When I moved to Melbourne I turned to the Bombers (VFL days). When we finally got the AFL I was drawn to the Eagles. So when the 2 teams played I never knew who to follow. I love both the teams. I remember in the early nineties when WCE won a couple of premierships that the fans of Geelong etc had car stickers "West Coast ######". Well, WCE showed 'em right!

Donno... sorry for the slow response - just got back into Bangkok after a few days away.

Yeah - I grew up in Perth - actually played all my junior footy for Subi! Funny that you should support the bombers and the Eags as they have developed a fair bit of rivalry over the years. I was at the MCG the day that Sheeds waved his jacket over his head for the first time. WC got done by a great Essendon comeback led by Salmon at full forward...

Looking forward to this weekend's game against Sydney - I think WC will go alright - might even pull off a win. The larger ground at Telstra Stadium will suit us better than the SCG.

I also reckon the bombers will beat Melbourne this week - travelling back from Perth tends to bring teams undone - you could be in for a great weekend Donno!!

Bring it on!

GGG. :o

Well it's the first week of the finals and here are the matches...

Brisbane Lions vs St Kilda

Melbourne vs Essendon

Sydney Swans vs West Coast Eagles

Port Adelaide vs Geelong

I have to agree with you on WCE and Bombers matches.

I reckon the other 2 are fairly tough to pick.

I would like to see the Saints and Port win but the Lions seem pretty awesome and Geelong is travelling well too. Young Ablett is a real goer and good to watch.

I'll catch the matches on cable TV.

:o

By the look of the tips we all bombed out. Very hard to predict however next week...

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10 AEST

St Kilda vs Sydney Swans

M.C.G. 7:30 PM AEST

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11 AEST

Geelong vs Essendon

M.C.G. 7:30 PM AEST

I think that it will be the Swans and Dons

What do you reckon?

:o