Tourist Visa For Tax Refunds ?

Before I leave Thailand at the end of the year, I want to buy some expensive goodies (laptop, etc.) and understand I can get a tax refund if I have a tourist visa. According to notices at Panthip Plaza, I can only reclaim tax if I leave Thailand the next day ! (There's also a similar notice at King Power in World Trade.)

I'm currently on a Non-B with work permit and these expire at the end of October. I have plans to visit other countries in Asia during November and December, and will re-enter Thailand on a standard 60-day tourist visa. I'll have about a week here to close down my base and then head home.

Will I have any problems getting a purchase tax refund ? I remember reading something about being disqualified for refunds if I've lived in Thailand for more than 6 months previously. Obviously, my passport will show that I have.

Can anyone help clarify the rules for me ? Or suggest where I can find the information I need ?

:o

Thanks in advance. And if this needs to be moved to another forum, please do so. Not sure where it fits !

Must take out the goods within 60 days and yes, for tourists only, having stayed in LoS for less than 180 days in a calendar year. So actually you would not qualify

You could argue, that you came back as tourist, so are qualified. Not sure if this will be accepted, but than, why not, nothing to lose if you buy the stuff anyway?

Have a look in here, which is quite accurate.

http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/vatrefund.html

Anyone know of any goods which are cheaper to buy in Thailand with the tax refund than they are in the west or Singapore?

Seems to me that you're better off buying electronics in Singapore, if anyone knows any different please post here. (specifically after a 42" plasma) :o