Lv Handbags And Crossing The Politically Correct Line....

richard_smith237

Ok - So I crossed a Politically un-correct line. But all the PC stuff is sometimes a little overbearing and makes me claustrophobic and I snap…

My girlie and I have discussions regarding such trivial matters as ‘Why are LV (Louis Vuitton) handbags so important ?’ , ‘Angelina Jolies adoption of baby Zahara’, ‘human trafficking’, ‘levels of human consciousness and self awareness’ and back to ‘food’ and ‘did you shower’…..

She gets very sensitive about the handbag issue !

When today we were talking and for what ever reason the topic of ‘babies’ came up, I suggested that why have a child when there are so many, wouldn’t it be a wonderful kind thing to do, to give a child who has no parents a chance… and on…

To make my point clearer, I used the Angelina Jolie example…

I even suggested it could be fashionable to adopt an African child (I know I know, I was starting to snap and get silly !)…

I then suggested what a wonderful idea it would be, to adopt and African child, we could paint the LV symbol on him/her in gold to make and even more fashionable look…

Now, of course I was never serious and understand the implications and potential cause of racial slur and harm it can cause. I know it was wrong to suggest such a thing, I was never serious and although very ‘un-PC’ it’s just part of the ‘shock’ effect in some types of humor (i.e. the episode of The Office where they have the fire alarm and can’t get the lady in the wheelchair down the fire exit steps so the leave her there – excruciatingly painful and so funny at the same time because we know its not real)

Anyway, onward and upward….

I’ve seen girls with the LV pattern on their finger nails. And, Real or otherwise LV handbags appear to be on every other 20-40 y/o woman in any shopping mall in Bangkok. It seems that there is an obsession with expensive handbags that I can only akin to guys and watches and their cars. If someone accuses me of having expensive watches and cars, that its materialism and a form of showing off, after the quality arguments etc I’d have to agree. However, surely a handbag is just a handbag ? it seems a little obvious almost like walking around with a 30,000 B wad of cash on their hand just to show they’ve got it. These hideous brown bags with LV plastered all over them can’t be that attractive can they?

So… Now she is not speaking to me because I’ve offended her and her liking of LV !

I thought the LV part of what I said would have been the least of my troubles !

The real joke is on me now though. She bought me a shockingly brown LV wallet for my Birthday and I have to use it now.

I have my ideas for answers to this question, which is that in such a recently developed westernized society money speaks and establishes a quick hierarchy… However I am still wondering… what is it with those damned handbags? And what is it with the way so many women thrust them around as if the quality of the bag is somehow indicative of the quality of the person?

(Rant over, apologies – comments welcomed !)

(Edit: LV is Louis Vuitton)

Edited by richard_smith237

A small square carrier bag mostly coloured brown and cream that sells for a minimun of 350 quid in Selfridges :D ....mem sahibs seem to wet their..............err lips over them...MKJ

Wife asked me to check them out for friend of hers in T land about 2 years ago..who wanted one for his girlfriend...cant buy real ones there or summit....maybe peng mak mak... :o

but she thought crazy prices.....sensible.....however the kid still wanted it for his GF and he was only 16

....J Mary ...and J

Designer handbag Crossy, pang mak mak when original, here they are mostly copies, sure you have seen them, mostly brown with gold interlaced LV letters all over them, my teeluk has a couple, and every other going, along with maybe 50-60 pairs of shoes :D:D:o

One of my Wifes friends in Thailand asked my wife to get this limited edition handbag from sydney, we went to the LV shop here, when my wife asked for it the lady came out and said this is $10,000.00. I was like chicks actually pay this much money for handbags????

We got it and when we took it with us Thailand I was so worried about it getting stolen.

IMO she should of just got a fake one for $5.00. looks the same to me