Christmas Dinner In Nakhon

aimeenz

Hello

Well it looks like due to work commitments I'll be in Nakhon for Christmas Day, just wondering if any body knows of anywhere doing a Christmas Dinner?

If not a western dinner - then perhaps a nice restaurant in which to celebrate the festive day?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Aimee

You should have a chat with Nakhosisean... He has a big oven and he should be able to make turkey. He also said a few months back that he would like that. (Might have changed his mind though).

Also check if his resturant is still open, I dont know so talk to him...

Merry Christmas...

I would make turkey, if I had an oven, but I dont so I will not make turkey this year...

You should have a chat with Nakhosisean... He has a big oven and he should be able to make turkey. He also said a few months back that he would like that. (Might have changed his mind though).

Merry Christmas...

I would make turkey, if I had an oven, but I dont so I will not make turkey this year...

I am hoping to finally make it to his restaurant this weekend - so if he's around I'll ask

Thanks Snowflake.

:o

Nakhonsean was painting his restaurant last time I spoke to him a few weeks ago, so it should be re-opened by now. There is a good chance we will be in town for Xmas, if he is doing something for Christmas we would join in.

Christmas dinner in Nakhon :o:D that means you go to Carrefour buy a 80baht chicken, 2 packets of chips and some stir fried veg from the food counter and wash it down with a vintage bottle of cheap Thai whisky :D:D simple, easy, cheap and no dishes to wash!! enjoy

Change of plan ' Chris78 ' decided to splash out and bought a 10 kg turkey, 2 kg piece of ham and will do the other stuff like roasted vegetables, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, gravy and of course the cranberry sauce!! will wash it down with a few bottles of Leo beer (whisky gives me a hangover) :o:D:D

What would people be willing to pay to have a proper christmas dinner?? eg: Turkey, ham all the roast vegetables, stuffing, homemade gravy and a few more things!! of course alcohol wouldn't be included in the price. Let me know....

:o:D:D 140-160baht a plate, stop joking SNOWFLAKE!! what i thought of was putting a set of scales at my front gate and weighing people when they come in, it would work out about 4 baht per kg!! So if you weighed 50kg it would cost you 200baht, if you are a fat bastard like myself it might cost 400-500 baht :D:D of course it would be a buffet, eat as much as you like!! anyone interested??

I'll offer my services as official food taster - just to make sure that the mince pies and turkey are ready for eating. I won't charge and will even drink my own beer, if that helps.

Your in Captain Haddock!! I will PM you the details :o:D

Last year, I had a fantastic turkey meal at the Islander in Samui, I think I paid around 250 baht, I don't drink alcohol so they reduced the price.

I really hope I get to eat another delicious turkey dinner this year too,

VTR1000, how is your wife the fantastic cook? :o

That is such an amazing answer to all the problems, teacher with restaurant making Christmas dinner. All the teacher has to do is set a price and people can even book tables. I would even lend my hand in the kitchen if this is not the sort of restaurant that could handle such an event. Look forward to eating a big, white turkey dinner. :o:D

Merry Christmas...

Snokflake, could you speak to Nakhonsisean?? it seems like you know him?? restaurant = food :o:D

My problem with doing xmas dinner in the restaurant is that I will be on a school trip to Chiang Mai that week. I had thought of doing it but they brought forward the trip by six weeks! If Snowflake or someone else is interested in helping/teaching my wife I am sure it could be arranged. Have been thinking of sorting out a new years dinner but need to know others thoughts on that.

Did somebody mention alcohol?

Are you quoting anyone... everytime they mention Alcohol VTR1000? :D This seems to be your third one. I'm a big fan of booze as well. My great buddy in NST in fact!drunk.gif So wanna have a couple of beers at rock? Haven't been there for ages!

Hello

Well it looks like due to work commitments I'll be in Nakhon for Christmas Day, just wondering if any body knows of anywhere doing a Christmas Dinner?

If not a western dinner - then perhaps a nice restaurant in which to celebrate the festive day?

Aimee

I was invited by Jennifer of "One More Beer" in Khanom for a Christmas dinner-party which will be held on a saturday (Dec 22nd) 'Coz most of the teachers in Surathani won't be able to come on a weekday. Interested?

Did somebody mention alcohol?

Are you quoting anyone... everytime they mention Alcohol VTR1000? :D This seems to be your third one. I'm a big fan of booze as well. My great buddy in NST in fact!drunk.gif So wanna have a couple of beers at rock? Haven't been there for ages!

Looks like we have the same buddy! :D

Hello

Aimee

I was invited by Jennifer of "One More Beer" in Khanom for a Christmas dinner-party which will be held on a saturday (Dec 22nd) 'Coz most of the teachers in Surathani won't be able to come on a weekday. Interested?

Hey thanks for the invite - Khanom might be a bit far - I'm in Pak Phanang and only got the bike - does anyone know how far it is?? Don't fancy wobbling my way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aimee :o

Hello

Aimee

Just checked my facebook and Jenn said that they moved it to the 21st (Friday) - coz of the alchohol ban due to the govt banning all sales of alcohol on the 22nd and 23rd (dam_n elections!). And she hopes everyone can still make it. They are also going to have a party/bbq on the beach or at their house on the 22nd (but no delicious buffet of mouth watering foods). quote and quote...