Bangkok To Udon Thani

Cheech & Chong

Hi Cheech & Chong ,

After reading yr question - i wasn't sure myself which airport ? iam flying to Phnom Penh , it does not state on itinery/booking sheet i printed out , so i looked on their website & found this on the "FAQ" section -

All AirAsia flights to/from Bangkok will arrive/depart at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport. Our Thai AirAsia check-in counters are located on the 4th Floor, Row D . and E.

but still maybe double check ?

not sure what previous answer was supposed to mean " superboooooom" - great help that one.

also what is it like in Udan Thani - thinking about going up there - a former work mate is living up there , like to go up & visit if its worth seeing ?

Cheers Gary

I'm not sure exactly which airport Air Asia departs from but 2 weeks ago I flew from Don Muang airport to Udon Thani on Thai Airways. I think the round trip ticket cost me 3,800 baht. I was told that for most domestic flights, Don Muang will handle those flights.

No not worth it you will hate Udon just like those of us who live here. Really depends on what you want to do, contrary to popular belief it really isn't a tourist spot. Want to kick back relax and experience the real Thailand, hard to beat it. Want to party hardy, better to go where the big parties are.

I'm a bit confused on this as the air asia site does not specify

Hi Cheech and Chong ,,,,,,,Depart and arrive Suvarnabumi ,, thats my 2 bahts worth ,,,,, and jeeez l wouldn't mind seeing a Cheech and Chong movie ,, just for old times sake,,,,,,,

Gary,

tend to agree a bit with Ray23 ,,,its a bit of a dive ,,, we only go to buy farang food and other thing we cannot buy in the sticks ,,,,but you should go even if it is only to say you have been there ,,,,who knows ,,,you may love the place,,

Cheers

"I'm not sure exactly which airport Air Asia departs from but 2 weeks ago I flew from Don Muang airport to Udon Thani on Thai Airways. I think the round trip ticket cost me 3,800 baht."

Hi , Thanks for the replies about Udon Thani - being a single bloke - i'd like the nitelife/party scene - along with sightseeing in days, apart from Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya & Koh Samui - can anybody please advise of other good spots to visit for some fun for singles

just looked at Air Asia its about $70.00 return including taxes to Udon Thani in March 2008.

Cheers Gary