Public Library

nokia

I heard there's a Public Library somewhere near the moat. Is it open to foreigners and do they have materials in English?

Here is a list of libraries in chiang mai. Am sure the public library is open to foreigners. There was a thread about it sometime back but was not able to find it. Try calling the number listed on the list.

TB

I heard there's a Public Library somewhere near the moat. Is it open to foreigners and do they have materials in English?

I think you are referring to the one on the corner of Huai Keow and Hadsadhi. It is on the opposite side of the road from Kad San Kaew. If you check out the Chicken Biriani thread there will be a map showing the corner. After the library head down to the restaurant and have a good meal as well. Better than anything you will find in KSK

CB

I think you are referring to the one on the corner of Huai Keow and Hadsadhi. It is on the opposite side of the road from Kad San Kaew. If you check out the Chicken Biriani thread there will be a map showing the corner. After the library head down to the restaurant and have a good meal as well. Better than anything you will find in KSK

CB

This one doesn't seem to have much (if anything) in English.

The AUA has a library which you can join for a reasonable fee and has the daily papers and a modest but wide range of books to borrow. Their "Librarian's Choice" came up trumps for me twice this year with "The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck and "The Things They Carried" by Sorry I'veforgotten both terrific reads that I would probably have passed over normally. The reading area is quiet and fairly comfortable with coffee and tea available too.

CB

Is it near Thaksin's silk shop opp KSK? i cant find the chicken biriani thread, but i dont mind eating chicken in yellow rice when i come to CM next mth. Is there any parking area for vehicles or do u have to park in KSK? Seems the internet at 10b/hr is very reasonable, is it crowded?

AUA has a wider selection of magazines, a smaller selection of books mainly related to America but it is quite small with 4 tables. It can be quite crowded when classes are on, and parking spaces are limited.

Is it near Thaksin's silk shop opp KSK?

No, it's on that side of the road - but further down towards the corner of the moat.

By-the-bye, did anybody ever actually see a real live customer, in that shop ? Always looks empty to me ! :o

It's usually empty whenever i go past in the daytime. Maybe they have more real live customers at night or when Mr T was in power, if they are related somehow?

No, it's on that side of the road - but further down towards the corner of the moat.

By-the-bye, did anybody ever actually see a real live customer, in that shop ? Always looks empty to me ! :D

It's usually empty whenever i go past in the daytime. Maybe they have more real live customers at night or when Mr T was in power, if they are related somehow?

Perhaps they need to start stocking Man-City replica-shirts ? :o

By-the-bye, did anybody ever actually see a real live customer, in that shop ? Always looks empty to me ! :D

Why not u open one? If Man-city can top the league ahead of Arsenal, then it will be selling like hot cakes.

Why not u open one? If Man-city can top the league ahead of Arsenal, then it will be selling like hot cakes.

Great idea ! Unfortunately I am retired - so not allowed to work here. :D