Cable Tv In Pattaya

disforkid

I'm thinking bout getting cable TV for my house in north Pattaya, from what I understand there are 2 companies Sophon Cable TV and Banglamung Cable TV covering the Pattaya area. I have looked at both their websites http://www.pattayacabletv.com/ and http://www.pattayabtv.com/ and cant get much info from them as they are both in Thai and my Thai reading skills are pretty basic. (Sophon's home page has a dual language button - but it seems like the 'eng' link is broken?)

Does anyone have any recommendations on which company is better on both service and content also how much the service might cost, as I said I'm in a house not an apartment complex - which I believe affects the cost?

Also please don't post anything about UBC satellite services, I used to have UBC and I'm just checking in to the alternatives.

Thanks.

I have had them both in the past , they are both much of a muchness. Advantage with Sophon is that it has local news in English a few times day.

With Sophon you/ll get........3 movie channels, Australia Network, couple of music channels, BBC World news, Fox and CNN News and a few more english channels.............also all the thai stations and a some non english ones.

Cost..........i/m not up to date with Banglamung but Sophon is (as far as i remember) 450/month or 4500 baht if you pay by the year.

They will normally connect another room in your house for free on top of the primary one, any extra ones after that are 200/baht a connection........(i would just wait till they leave and buy a splitter to connect all the rooms up in the house :o )

I have just downgraded my UBC from Plat to Gold, as I wasn't watching anything on the top package. Thought I may get cable put in with the money I'm saving as I do like to watch the local news.

Do you get a book like UBC with whats on when? Or is there some kind of menu that tells you whats on next? From what I have seen here of cable it seems very hit and miss, and just a question of channel hopping until you find something.

I have just downgraded my UBC from Plat to Gold, as I wasn't watching anything on the top package. Thought I may get cable put in with the money I'm saving as I do like to watch the local news.

Do you get a book like UBC with whats on when? Or is there some kind of menu that tells you whats on next? From what I have seen here of cable it seems very hit and miss, and just a question of channel hopping until you find something.

No book, and, yes, its hit and miss!

I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you call at their office they used to have a photocopied sheet showing the next month's movies. They have a schedule of their movie channels on the Pattaya Mail website. No idea how accurate it is :o

No book, and, yes, its hit and miss!

I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you call at their office they used to have a photocopied sheet showing the next month's movies. They have a schedule of their movie channels on the Pattaya Mail website. No idea how accurate it is :o

listings should be here

:D

don't sophon and banglamung have separate and distinct coverage areas...i don't think you can get either/or but one or the other depending on where you live. i have sophon in my area and for about US$ 15 per month it's a decent deal. i mostly use it for the news sites local pattaya tv news, bbc, abc, D-W, el jazera :o

don't sophon and banglamung have separate and distinct coverage areas...i don't think you can get either/or but one or the other depending on where you live. i have sophon in my area and for about US$ 15 per month it's a decent deal. i mostly use it for the news sites local pattaya tv news, bbc, abc, D-W, el jazera :o

Now you've done it. Next time you enter the states, maybe you should set aside a little time for the special room. Me thinks someone may want to talk to you. :D:D:D