Evel Knievel

Mosha

I bought the plastic windup bike when I was a kid, was great fun. Those classic toys that made you have fun everytime without a screen! RIP Evil Knievel.

ektoys.jpg

i had the original Stunt & Strato Cycles.. wish i still had 'em, they're highly collectable (and probably just tripled in value again)

He was a real con man of the old school, PT Barnum style. Got us for a few thousand dollars, but it was fun the whole time. Had a trailer full of his artwork, which he was trying to sell at outrageous prices. I always wondered if he sold any, there is at least a trailer full of it floating around somewhere.

One of those guys, no real schooling, living by his wits and living hard. I will say this about him, he lived life to its fullest. RIP.

A pretty good epitaph would be one of his earlier quotes about his life : "There were a couple of women I should have screwed that I didn't, there were a couple of ramps I wish I had hit a bit faster. But apart from that, I have had a good life."

My brother called me and said he was mourning the death of Evel Knievel by jumping over 3 bagettes and a tin of soup.

He was a real fan though.

On a serious note, i actualy met his son Robbie a few years ago when he was in Paris for some show. I got to hang out with him for a while and he was a realy funny guy, i got the idea that he did not get on with his father much though.

Edited by Chloe82

He passed away yesterday Nov 30th, I'm sure he would have prefered it to happen on a motorbike. Apparently the Beeb have recorded an interview with him and Top Gear's Richard Hammond.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iWWuZ0w...5qe-AwD8T8EDT00

RIP.

I love people who live by their own terms. The whole mortgage, 9 to 5 job, 2.5 kids, save some money in your IRA so you can spend it when you are old and arthritic kind of lifestyle is just a death sentence.

We need more guys like Evil.

Live this life.

I saw him at the old Wembley way way back, in the late 70's probably. A real showman, really knew how to work the crowd. He crashed on his jump, once he was helped up he anounced yet another retirement!

As an aside.....a support act (an old boy actually) dived from quite a height, well over a double decker bus height, into a foot of water. It took him ages to pluck up the courage to do it, the crowd were getting really pi$$ed of with him, but he did it and walked away from the pool!

He was a real con man of the old school, PT Barnum style. Got us for a few thousand dollars, but it was fun the whole time. Had a trailer full of his artwork, which he was trying to sell at outrageous prices. I always wondered if he sold any, there is at least a trailer full of it floating around somewhere.

One of those guys, no real schooling, living by his wits and living hard. I will say this about him, he lived life to its fullest. RIP.

He got his start trying to jump a few trucks and a box of rattlesnakes and as luck would have it, he landed in the box of snakes! Of course that got the crowd all wound up and Evil too! The rest, as they say, is history! :o

All I remember about the guy from childhood was something about him jumping a section of the Grand Canyon. I read the news on Yahoo the other day which told some of his history, although I can't remember if he actually did make it over the Grand Canyon. Aside from breaking 40 or more bones, he had some serious illnesses as well which finally did him in. Maybe it's genetic...some folks can endure stuff that would kill most people before the age of 20 let alone 69!

Evil was good at what he did, but like many of his kind, his personal life was terrible...which to me cancels out all the glory he received for his stunts.

Edited by Thaiboxer

He was an irresponsible degenerate that set terrible examples to children. That man was inidrectly responsible for over 753,351 children with broken bones and death worldwide from people emulating his silly, self-promoting stuntage. He has no idea of the residual pain and cost of his silly examples to The Children, nor did he care, yet was more than happy to capitalize on the marketing of lunchboxes and action figures to everyone

I guess that I feel this way because I too was a victim of this carnage from when I tried to jump 4 trash cans on a bicycle with no seat on the seat post. That was just last week and I still suffer greatly..

He was an irresponsible degenerate that set terrible examples to children. That man was inidrectly responsible for over 753,351 children with broken bones and death worldwide from people emulating his silly, self-promoting stuntage.

I guess that I feel this way because I too was a victim of this carnage from when I tried to jump 4 trash cans on a bicycle with no seat on the seat post. That was just last week and I still suffer greatly..

They call that "natural selection" kmart.

R.I.P. Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

knievel.jpg

I bought the plastic windup bike when I was a kid, was great fun. Those classic toys that made you have fun everytime without a screen! RIP Evil Knievel.

ektoys.jpg

That was a cool toy. :D

It was indeed, mine was obtained second hand and never seemed to work properly though. :o The later, rather more sedate version worked ok though. If a little slowish. :D

post-32068-1196566108_thumb.jpg