Condo's For Less Than 1 Mil

BEDBANDIT

hi ,

ive been looking into buying a condo in pattaya / Jomtien for a while now ,i looked at the Majestic in jomtien , nice but small ,same with the spanish place.

in all i must have looked at 50 condos in at least 20 different buildings

i was very interested in a condo for sale in Block D off the nirum condo , then somebody told me a little about the Management off this building. :o

So im still looking . if you had 1 mil to spend on a condo , which / where you you Buy ?

thanks

jay

Regardless of what anyone says, condos that can be owned in a farang's name are VERY high priced right now and are still going up in price. There are still some available at less than a half million baht, BUT, they are the shoe box size units from 28 to about 32 square meters. If you could find two units side by side, it may be worth the investment to make one decent sized unit. Even decent 40 square meter units are priced at around one and a half million.

I have sort of "gone off" on buying a unit in Pattaya.

I own a unit/condo in Sydney,so i presume it comes with the same fees,that is,the Strata/Management fees every 3 months plus the council rates and if there maybe special levies for building repair etc.

Whilst my unit in Australia appreciates about 8 per cent a year,i doubt the prices will ruse much in Pattaya now due to oversupply.

I think renting maybe better than buying.At least you have the choice of moving.

Plces with high strata fees when buying are not worth considering and likewise if theres no money in the building stratas bank accounts because then they will start asking owners for special levies.

Places/condo buildings with 24hr security will be paying higher strata fees.

Far easier just to rent,then theres no hassle with things.

Of course if i had a family i would buy a house,a condo is no place to bring up children.