Are ‘visa Runs’ Necessary?

I had a Vietnamese visa on a piece of paper visa stapled into my passport. When I departed they stamped that paper and removed it from my passport. I had also forgotten my boarding pass on the plane so when I was not able to present this to the Thai immigration officer I was pulled aside into that little office room and had to wait until they confirmed with Thai Airways that I actually was on that flight.

I'm surprised as I would have thought that your special "Thai Elite" visa would have precluded being pulled aside and having to answer any type of questioning. Such shameful treatment of the upper crust... tsk tsk, shame on Thai Immigration. :D

:o Blimey John! Are you going to be following poor old Orion76 around forever? Just accept that he is happy with his Elite card and let it go! If I wasn't over 50 I would probably get one too. So there :D

(And Orion's problem with his Vietnamese visa was probably before he got his Elite card. But you probably guessed that anyway and just wanted to have another poke - right? :D )

I had a Vietnamese visa on a piece of paper visa stapled into my passport. When I departed they stamped that paper and removed it from my passport. I had also forgotten my boarding pass on the plane so when I was not able to present this to the Thai immigration officer I was pulled aside into that little office room and had to wait until they confirmed with Thai Airways that I actually was on that flight.

I'm surprised as I would have thought that your special "Thai Elite" visa would have precluded being pulled aside and having to answer any type of questioning. Such shameful treatment of the upper crust... tsk tsk, shame on Thai Immigration. :D

:o Blimey John! Are you going to be following poor old Orion76 around forever? Just accept that he is happy with his Elite card and let it go! If I wasn't over 50 I would probably get one too. So there :D

(And Orion's problem with his Vietnamese visa was probably before he got his Elite card. But you probably guessed that anyway and just wanted to have another poke - right? :D )

My Friend...

Just imagine: You arrive in the USA under the same circumstances.

You are questioned by officers with weapons.

You are intimidated.

You stand a good chance of being strip searched.

You will be digitally bio-ed.

You will be printed & photographed.

You will be entered in the US (worldwide) data base.

Now you know. Relax and enjoy.

TM