Where To Sleep For A Few Hours In Dubai Airport

Ave

I have an horrendous connection at Dubai aiport awaiting me after the Christmas holidays. Last time I was there there wasn't any space where I could lye down to sleep. I'm not sure I can stay awake for 8 hours during that night. Does anybody know if there is a cheap place where I can have a decent nap for a few hours?

A couple of years ago we had the same problem we found the ideal place to sleep go to The Muslim prayer area You do not have to enter the area but near by there is plenty of room for sleeping on the floor not many transit passengers visit this area. ( buy yourself a blow up lilo ) and you should be ok

stupid country everything over priced, and no no hotel rooms all booked for some odd reason.

if you like PM me and will see if i can find you a place for around 5000baht hahaha

any falangs here in dubai with their thai wives?

I have an horrendous connection at Dubai aiport awaiting me after the Christmas holidays. Last time I was there there wasn't any space where I could lye down to sleep. I'm not sure I can stay awake for 8 hours during that night. Does anybody know if there is a cheap place where I can have a decent nap for a few hours?

Try the Marhaba Lounge. About 20 USD for a nominal four hours (but you won't get thrown out if you stay a bit longer). Comfy chairs, free food and drink and away from the mayhem in the terminal building. They have a web site but you don't need to book in advance.

Another bit of info: If you are flying Emirates and your layover is more than 4 hours you will get a free meal in one of the airport restaurants.

DM

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a free buffet meal in the end, though in Milan, Emirates insisted in saying that there wasn't such a thing. I'm glad I followed your advice instead and kept looking. Unfortunately the accommodation was far too pricey for my budget. I ended up keeping myself awake through the night walking back and forth looking invain for some clean carpet.. slept nearly 24 hrs the day after and got a week long flu... :o a direct flight is going to be my next preference..but thanks again for your tips!

I managed to get a free buffet meal in the end, though in Milan, Emirates insisted in saying that there wasn't such a thing. I'm glad I followed your advice instead and kept looking. Unfortunately the accommodation was far too pricey for my budget. I ended up keeping myself awake through the night walking back and forth looking invain for some clean carpet.. slept nearly 24 hrs the day after and got a week long flu... :o a direct flight is going to be my next preference..but thanks again for your tips!

Well your experience - coupled with the fact they weren't allied with any major frequent flyer (points gathering) club - has always been the reason I've avoided them - except on trips to that country or nearby.

Otherwise they are a good airline IMHO. By the way the Duty Free is over-rated (as is the case everywhere in the world of course) so one more reason to not buy the hype. One other minor praise was the Immigration Officers made a point of trying to get you to "stay longer" next time..though you could tell it was half-hearted..or non-hearted..anyway, a good try.

The only reason anyone goes to the sanpit is because it is cheaper than flying direct. For the first time, I went back with Etihad last year because their fare was Bt28k all in to London and TG / BA etc. were all around Bt43k+

About 1 to 1 1/2 hours each way. No way would I wait 8 hours for a plane ride which takes only 6 ? Just daft IMHO.

The only reason anyone goes to the sanpit is because it is cheaper than flying direct. For the first time, I went back with Etihad last year because their fare was Bt28k all in to London and TG / BA etc. were all around Bt43k+

About 1 to 1 1/2 hours each way. No way would I wait 8 hours for a plane ride which takes only 6 ? Just daft IMHO.

Again another ridiculous comment based on your own biased and prejudiced opinion.

Some travellers actually prefer to stop over in the middle east in preference to the long flight - it could also be called broadening your horizons.

There's also the superior service on EK,EY & QR over TG, QF, BA & BR - certainly if you're not flying First Class. If you don't live in London you also have the advantage of not having to travel to LHR It could also be called broadening your horizons.

Had I had the money I would have travelled direct, of course. However, I don't mind changing plane as it gives me an opportunity to stretch my legs and, as Clayton Seymour said, broaden my horizons too..