Rental Place Recommendation In Bkk?

Florin

Can anyone tell me where I can rent a car in Bangkok with hopefully not much hassle?

I heard even places like AVIS go through the car with a fine-tooth comb and suddenly identify scratches for which you must surely be the culprit, etc. etc. I need one for two days for a trip to Sukhothai, prices seem to be similar in many places (at least the ones with websites), so hoping to rely on a member's personal experience for good service.

Also, I'd like a little clarification about the credit card deposit...I have a local AMEX, but nowhere near 20-25.000 in leftover balance. I read they just make you sign the card slip and then tear it up if you bring the car back, is that correct? Because if they would actually try to make a 25.000 Baht transaction with the idea that they would refund me later, I'd rather pay cash somewhere else...

Thanks in advance!

Ive used Petchaburi Car Rent (the branch on Petchaburi road) a few times and never had any problems with them.

I found they were the cheapest too if you take whatever promotion they have on at the time.

Regarding the deposit, they did exactly what you mentioned above, though you could probably do it in cash too.

Thanks for the input, I also found their site rates reasonable...if they don't charge the card on the spot, seems like it's the way to go :o

I also used them last week, their rates were the best by far, the car was in tip top condition and the staff were very helpful.

Like the previous poster all they did was got me to sign a credit card slip, though I don't know if they got authorisation.

If you do not use their car delivery facility be careful if you return in the rush hour, the road was gridlocked - so unusual for Bangkok.