Timeshare Company Caught Bribing The Police !

pk1

If Phuket Gazette stops providing me with current news, I will stop going to their website.

Meaning I will stop browsing their classifieds too, which, up until now, I did regularly.

I'm the typical customer... they'll lose lots of us.

I'd like to see the byline for the Gazzette as "The island's source of misinformation and overpriced real estate".

Am warming to this thread. How about a series of bylines!

"cut and pasted old hat.... and real estate"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone bought Timeshare at Absolute? Why is it a scam? What is the cost & what exactly do you get if you buy into this programme? OK the police have been taking bribes, what is new but Timeshare can be enjoyed by millions the world over. Replies from unhappy customers of ABSOLUTE only would be appreciated.
We purchased an Absolute holiday in Patong on Ebay was no mention of timeshare until we set foot in the resort, 7 days of pestering and earbashing,we started filming some of the so called interviews and touts on the streets, we gave it to a friend of ours with ZDF in Hannover ,who are hopefully going to use it in a documentary in the new year,instead of raising itself out of the ruins, poor old Patong is on the way out, what with pastyfaced british timeshare touts, and with loudmouthed ex SAS sportbar owners be they from australia or UK, patong is in a worse state than Pattaya ever was :o and then of course not to forget the Bradford connection(for the unknowing the indian and pakistani business people)who now rule the roost in patong, soon it will be like pattaya used to be, a refuge For AFL players ,club members and their families to go to to torment and annoy civilised people,We are looking for supporters and financial aid to build an aussie proof fence aroun d Isaan but thats another story :D I know its off topic but still phuket rest in peace, Nignoy

Has anyone bought Timeshare at Absolute? Why is it a scam? What is the cost & what exactly do you get if you buy into this programme? OK the police have been taking bribes, what is new but Timeshare can be enjoyed by millions the world over. Replies from unhappy customers of ABSOLUTE only would be appreciated.

If Phuket Gazette stops providing me with current news, I will stop going to their website.

Meaning I will stop browsing their classifieds too, which, up until now, I did regularly.

I'd like to see the byline for the Gazzette as "The island's source of misinformation and overpriced real estate".

You two should get together and start your own publication. You could call it Whinger's World or Griper's Digest.

You two should get together and start your own publication. You could call it Whinger's World or Griper's Digest.

Nice to see the Phuket Gazette sending somebody in to bat!

Not whinging about it, its up to the people who buy it.

For me, if I want to read about Koh Samui, Pattaya, Bangkok and other parts "Around the Nation" I don't buy the Phuket gazette.

OT again for a while. The clampdown will come for them when their money (read influence) start drying up.

As for the touts, don't worry about them. They are periodically rounded up and shipped out ususally when they start asking where their pay is!!!!!!!!! Som nam na. They are a nuisance but they are not the same people annoying you everytime you set foot anywhere.

We keep their numbers in our phones and give them out as our own to other hapless touts.

I know a tout who manages a bar (also without a WP) and he complains that Phuket Laguna ring him up all the time trying to get him to presentations. Now how did they get his number :o

The last effort disappeared into the ether :D we stayed in Absolute Seapearl in september before we went to europe,what a nightmare 7 days of being bombarded by their farang touts everytime we showed our faces,the last straw was as we were having breakfast poolside a particularly obnoxious tout invited himself to join us , mrs nignoy wanted me to toss him in the pool, but I restrained myself and only poured my fruitjuice over him,he left and came back a couple of minutes later with his team manager, who threatened to get the police,we got up and told him to get them , we would wait in reception for them,nobody turned up, but that evenining we recieved a message apologising for the touts behaviour, and promising us a free weeks holiday at another resort, On returning from europe no mail from the nice gentleman at Absolute, so we snailmailed them, no reply or free holiday voucher, emailed them, no reply either, never again Absolute Seapearl, Nignoy :o

• 1 month later...
We purchased an Absolute holiday in Patong on Ebay was no mention of timeshare until we set foot in the resort, 7 days of pestering and earbashing,we started filming some of the so called interviews and touts on the streets, we gave it to a friend of ours with ZDF in Hannover ,who are hopefully going to use it in a documentary in the new year,instead of raising itself out of the ruins, poor old Patong is on the way out, what with pastyfaced british timeshare touts, and with loudmouthed ex SAS sportbar owners be they from australia or UK, patong is in a worse state than Pattaya ever was :o and then of course not to forget the Bradford connection(for the unknowing the indian and pakistani business people)who now rule the roost in patong, soon it will be like pattaya used to be, a refuge For AFL players ,club members and their families to go to to torment and annoy civilised people,We are looking for supporters and financial aid to build an aussie proof fence aroun d Isaan but thats another story :D I know its off topic but still phuket rest in peace, Nignoy

Nignoy, did you leave feedback on the ebay sellers account ? Maybe you should warn other potential buyers that they are in for a holiday from hel_l. If the seller is not informing buyers that the condition of the holiday is 7 days of timeshare presentations they are breaching ebay rules. This is wrong.

Anyone who purchases a holiday for Absolute Sea Pearl should be made aware of this. Hopefully people will be smart enough to do a search on the internet 1st before considering staying there. This place has the worst record for complaints than any other place in Patong.

If you do get caught by these crooks DO NOT give them any money, you will be throwing money down the drain ! As you have seen this company openly bribes the police to stay open and continue ripping off tourists, your money will only be contributing to this disgraceful act of corruption !

In Pattaya, these sales representatives have moved from telemarketing to running tourists down with their motorbikes.

On a typical day, I will be chased down the sidewalk by at least 4 of these guys, usually from India or Bangladesh.

I love it when my Thai wife gives them a scare!!! Also, they do the walk and talk on the streets and all you have to do is fight your way around or through them, with as much force as possible. Most of the streets are covered by video and internet cameras now, including the beach road. So, you can always point to the videos, or bring your own video camera along with your friends to shoot the images as you beat the living daylights out of these fine sales reps.

I informed ebay also the travel agent who auctioned the holiday at absolute seapearl, but they are still being offered on ebay!!we have not heard anything further about our promised free offer, mrs nignoy wants to put in a guest apearance and give mr Ramjambutty the manager a good slapping, in september on our drive up from singapore, so watch this space folks :jap:Nignoy

• 2 weeks later...
I informed ebay also the travel agent who auctioned the holiday at absolute seapearl, but they are still being offered on ebay!!we have not heard anything further about our promised free offer, mrs nignoy wants to put in a guest apearance and give mr Ramjambutty the manager a good slapping, in september on our drive up from singapore, so watch this space folks :jap:Nignoy

What PK1 is suggesting here is that you leave feedback on the ebay sellers page to warn potential buyers of being tricked into visiting the resort, reporting them to ebay is a waste of time.

This is typical of most complaints you hear about Phuket or any other destination in Thailand, we all have a duty to make people aware so that these tricksters dont get the chance to do it to the next person, unfortunately there are not enough people doing so.

If you made the purchase on ebay less than 90 days ago you should be able to leave negative feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

What PK1 is suggesting here is that you leave feedback on the ebay sellers page to warn potential buyers of being tricked into visiting the resort, reporting them to ebay is a waste of time.

This is typical of most complaints you hear about Phuket or any other destination in Thailand, we all have a duty to make people aware so that these tricksters dont get the chance to do it to the next person, unfortunately there are not enough people doing so.

If you made the purchase on ebay less than 90 days ago you should be able to leave negative feedback.

The holiday voucher was purchased over 18 months ago , they are valid for 24 months from date of purchase, we tried to leave negative feedback but it was too late, Have still not had a reply from Absolute, but dont worry Mrs Nignoy is looking forward to her guest appearance, I feel really sorry for them,she is one tough lady :D a wellknown english soccer was using bad language in her vicinity at a charity function, she asked him to stop, he told her to get stuffed, she kicked him in the nuts he went down like a sack of spuds :D , acouple of weeks later she got an apology and a bouquet off his club :o Nignoy

• 1 month later...

The holiday voucher was purchased over 18 months ago , they are valid for 24 months from date of purchase, we tried to leave negative feedback but it was too late, Have still not had a reply from Absolute, but dont worry Mrs Nignoy is looking forward to her guest appearance, I feel really sorry for them, she is one tough lady :D a wellknown english soccer was using bad language in her vicinity at a charity function, she asked him to stop, he told her to get stuffed, she kicked him in the nuts he went down like a sack of spuds :D , acouple of weeks later she got an apology and a bouquet off his club :o Nignoy

What you purchased on ebay appears to be one of the scratch card prizes (that according to many do not exist). This was probably sold on ebay by somebody who attended a presentation but did not want the prize.

I cannot understand why you would buy one when, apparently they are being given out on every street in Thailand - perhaps you were unaware at the time of purchase!

My advice is to pick one up free of charge, go on a 90min presentation and claim your prize.

As added security, in case the stories of broken nosed burly farang thugs has not been exaggerated, I would advise taking Mrs Nignoy in a stout pair of walking boots. You never know if you don't get a free holiday :D she may get another free bouquet of flowers! :D

JR

In Pattaya, these sales representatives have moved from telemarketing to running tourists down with their motorbikes.

On a typical day, I will be chased down the sidewalk by at least 4 of these guys, usually from India or Bangladesh.

I love it when my Thai wife gives them a scare!!! Also, they do the walk and talk on the streets and all you have to do is fight your way around or through them, with as much force as possible. Most of the streets are covered by video and internet cameras now, including the beach road. So, you can always point to the videos, or bring your own video camera along with your friends to shoot the images as you beat the living daylights out of these fine sales reps.

Innovator, you said it. Lately you can't walk down the street for 5 minutes without one

of these guys pulling alongside with their motorbike and asking "Do you speak English?"

I guess this is the new variation on the "survey" technique. Day after day it starts to get

annoying. The last time I said "Yes, I speak English. Do you have a work permit?" and

that shut them up but the yelling and beeping their motorbike horn at you is getting to

be too much. I'm not sure if their Nepalese, Bangladeshi, Indian, about in that region . :o

What you purchased on ebay appears to be one of the scratch card prizes (that according to many do not exist). This was probably sold on ebay by somebody who attended a presentation but did not want the prize.

I cannot understand why you would buy one when, apparently they are being given out on every street in Thailand - perhaps you were unaware at the time of purchase!

My advice is to pick one up free of charge, go on a 90min presentation and claim your prize.

As added security, in case the stories of broken nosed burly farang thugs has not been exaggerated, I would advise taking Mrs Nignoy in a stout pair of walking boots. You never know if you don't get a free holiday :o she may get another free bouquet of flowers! :D

JR

The holiday voucher concerned was purchased from an internet travel agent based in Sydney who auctions regularly on the net, checked this morning , she has over 30 holidays on offer so I dont think it was a scratch card, Nignoy

• 1 year later...

Pothai, you get nothing ! Only 1 week in the resort in which you pay a yearly "management" fee, a fee which is more than double what you would pay if you went direct or through a hotel booking site. The upfront fee you pay simply goes down the drain !

Sorry but im not an unhappy customer, but this is generally the case with timeshare scams.

The above mentioned Timeshare company is to be avoided at all cost.

Do your homework and buy a resale TS which are much better value as some poor shmuck like myself has bought the original one and has lost large amounts reselling it. By the way, I wont resell as I know I will get so little for it, so not worth it I figure at this stage.

Ensure that if you are thinking of buying a new TS, that you have done a lot of reading before you go into the office so you know the pitfalls in advance, as there are many. Dont allow them to catch you on the back foot, have heaps of Q's for them.

The contract will not have any recourse for yourself if you are not happy with the TS after signing. I believe there is a cooling off period now. No doubt forced on the industry by some overseeing body.

One major problem with TS is that you are paying a lot of money up front to a company in the third world that you have no idea of in terms of it's financial health and management team credentials etc. It's a lot of money to trust to a company that may not be what it seems.

Remember that you can buy a week every 2 or three years, a fact that was not explained to us. That keeps the price right down and you can still enjoy the extra weeks at a pretty good price. All accomm of course, is on a space available basis. Be very clear on that point.

By the way, you don't even get breakfast thrown in with the TS. Breakfast is usually thrown in with the package in that part of the world when you purchase accomm. Just another reason not to buy TS, as it really isn't that good a deal unless you buy a week say every three years..

Our TS is a 1 week per year, T2, floating week at the Peninsular in Samui. Once every 2 or three years would have suited us better, however, we were not advised of that option as they had decided on selling us the top shelf expensive version. Nice to be given a choice eh.

Be very careful and insist on a copy of the cantract and tell them you want your solicitor to have a look at it before your sign.

Of course they will not allow it which will give you a good idea of the type of business with which you are dealing.

Remember there is no recourse in the contracts if you are unhappy with the whole thing after you sign... It says that you have had everthing fully explained to you. Of course you could not know that, as anything that was left out of the explaination, and there will be lots, you will have no idea of.

The contract is weighed heavily in the TS companies favour.

Good luck, and be verrry careful.

Cheers.

We purchased an Absolute holiday in Patong on Ebay was no mention of timeshare until we set foot in the resort, 7 days of pestering and earbashing,we started filming some of the so called interviews and touts on the streets, we gave it to a friend of ours with ZDF in Hannover ,who are hopefully going to use it in a documentary in the new year,instead of raising itself out of the ruins, poor old Patong is on the way out, what with pastyfaced british timeshare touts, and with loudmouthed ex SAS sportbar owners be they from australia or UK, patong is in a worse state than Pattaya ever was :) and then of course not to forget the Bradford connection(for the unknowing the indian and pakistani business people)who now rule the roost in patong, soon it will be like pattaya used to be, a refuge For AFL players ,club members and their families to go to to torment and annoy civilised people,We are looking for supporters and financial aid to build an aussie proof fence aroun d Isaan but thats another story :D I know its off topic but still phuket rest in peace, Nignoy

I`m from Bradford, so I`d be interested to know what you`re talking about.

I`m from Bradford, so I`d be interested to know what you`re talking about.

:) ....well, at a guess, and that's all it is as I'm not from Bradford, I would offer the following notes to aid some of the other members regarding the demograph mentioned.

Bradford is a cold, dreary northern town in the Yorkshire county of England. Famous for its underperforming football team and infamous for racial tensions/riots. Affectionately known as North Pakistan. That's about it really and quite possibly what the poster may or may not have been referring to. I hope this has helped your apparent bemusement.

Lots of reports here of the Absolute highpressure Timeshare selling and people trying to get their money back>>>

http://www.bangkokscams.com/scams-in-thail...#jc_allComments

Next time it's raining might go along to one of the presentations just for the entertainment and then walk out at the end ;-)

Edited by phuketrex

• 1 year later...

They have been getting away with it for years in Pattaya - but personally i have little sypathy for the brain dead who fall for such a scam. Quite disturbing how stupid people can be - bless them!

A foreigner here in Patong says that he was bothered/approached by SEVENTEEN Absolute touts in a single day. you shoudl at least have sympathy for the tourists who expect a relaxing, peaceful vacation..and are instead assaulted with Absolute touts, Bangladeshi touts for 24 hour tailors, pestering horns of tuktuk mafia members, child labor peddling flowers at you when you sit down in restaurants, and the one-every-minute massage, food, grass matt, beach chair, and bricabrac salesmen who turn a beach nap into a mad dash for the quiet of one's hotel room.

Thailand...a "paradise"? Hah! Not as long as the pestering salespeople outnumber the palmtree leaves ten-to-one!

Not all timeshares are scams, though, even in Thailand. The scammers make it hard for people doing things the right way.

What have y'all heard about the Marriott's timeshare, called something-something "vacation club"?

I don't want to imply that they're good or bad, because I have zero experience with them and have heard only a little of their reputation (good things)-- but I sure do want to know what people's experience with them has been.

Heroes or zeros?

They have been getting away with it for years in Pattaya - but personally i have little sypathy for the brain dead who fall for such a scam. Quite disturbing how stupid people can be - bless them!

A foreigner here in Patong says that he was bothered/approached by SEVENTEEN Absolute touts in a single day. you shoudl at least have sympathy for the tourists who expect a relaxing, peaceful vacation..and are instead assaulted with Absolute touts, Bangladeshi touts for 24 hour tailors, pestering horns of tuktuk mafia members, child labor peddling flowers at you when you sit down in restaurants, and the one-every-minute massage, food, grass matt, beach chair, and bricabrac salesmen who turn a beach nap into a mad dash for the quiet of one's hotel room.

Thailand...a "paradise"? Hah! Not as long as the pestering salespeople outnumber the palmtree leaves ten-to-one!

people vacationing in patong are either dumb or have been scammed.. they dont need the touts to get scammed.

I'd rather take a week at the city dump then in patong, at least i mind find some treasures from rich folks in the trash or some cool vintage stuff

people vacationing in patong are either dumb or have been scammed.. they dont need the touts to get scammed.

I'd rather take a week at the city dump then in patong, at least i mind find some treasures from rich folks in the trash or some cool vintage stuff

Do us all a favour then; don't go to Patong. I'll wave to you as I go past the city dump.

Does the newbie realise he's resurrected a three year old thread?