Cars 0% Finance

womble

Ford are doing 0% on most models including the Focus which is a very nifty motor, available with a turbo diesel too (limited edition).

Could be a little rich at just over a million for the diesel though :o

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/ContentServe...t&c=DFYPage

Zero interest because their models are receiving zero interest :D

Ford are doing 0% on most models including the Focus which is a very nifty motor, available with a turbo diesel too (limited edition).

Zero interest because their models are receiving zero interest :D

True, but not because they are bad vehicles.

Thai herd instinct - "Not Toyota or Isuzu = Not good car"

I have a Ranger XLT with which I am very happy, just wish I could get home to drive it more often :D

Edited by Crossy

When you work out the cheap interest costs for all models and makes (circa 3% flat, 6% APR), the total interest over say 4 years is not that drastic as to choose a vehicle on the basis of interest rates alone. You could just as easily say that the depreciation of Ford, Chevvy etc. is a reason not to buy them.

Youl'll probably get a deal(if you try) that makes up for the small amount of interest you save when taking 0% finance because the finance has to be subsidised by someone along the line, dont let that be too much of a decision maker when buying a new car

Its also not always the most cost effective way of financing.

Mark

Edited by markr

Monday I took the Focus to the Ford dealer for service. I asked about the Focus diesel and the salesman grinned and told me that I would be lucky to ever see one much less buy one. He told me MAYBE next year.

While waiting I was looking at a Ford Everest. Another farang was there and he started talking to me. He told me that I couldn't have that one because he had just signed the paperwork to buy it. It was funny that he then went on a rant about Toyota. He simply couldn't understand why anyone would buy a Toyota when Fords were cheaper, tougher and better vehicles. He was directing some of his comments to his Thai wife. His wife likes Toyota. He was a German guy and I think he wanted a discussion. (Argument). Since I happen to agree with him, I wasn't going to argue.