Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills

sriracha john

The main reason is women letting themselves shown in public view. It is the clothes, it is what they are wearing that is the problem! It is where they go that is a problem! There is a big problem in the world, in societies. Letting men and women go on a same bus is crazy, going on the same train is crazy. I think men and women should live in different cities. They should be seperated. And I think be it men or women, everyone should cover themselves up so no one will know who is a man who is a woman who is young who is old who is beautiful who is ugly. Men and women partying in clubs wearing almost nothing is just plain crazy! I hope governments will soon be advanced enough to understand what should be done.

An excellent post, not that I agree with it at all, but because it explains clearly the Islamic case for the hijab. There is a case, however misguided it may be, in the view of many other 'people of the book' like myself.

I believe that men are mostly not animals, to be driven wild by the sight of exposed flesh, and that they can control themselves. But there are always exceptions - rapists & paedophiles are scum.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What loads of crap! Linking drugs to rape?

The main reason is women letting themselves shown in public view. It is the clothes, it is what they are wearing that is the problem! It is where they go that is a problem! There is a big problem in the world, in societies. Letting men and women go on a same bus is crazy, going on the same train is crazy. I think men and women should live in different cities. They should be seperated. And I think be it men or women, everyone should cover themselves up so no one will know who is a man who is a woman who is young who is old who is beautiful who is ugly. Men and women partying in clubs wearing almost nothing is just plain crazy! I hope governments will soon be advanced enough to understand what should be done.

Now I am sure those who think we need a safe environment for our kids will agree!

I really cant think of an answer for this.....oh hang on...

Do you need a longer chain so your partner can go to the letterbox as well as the kitchen and bedroom ??

This gets my vote as the worst post on TV...ever !!

Well, this really depends on what the government thinks. If that is against the law then it certainly is wrong, innit? to have a longer chain....

Well, this really depends on what the government thinks. If that is against the law then it certainly is wrong, innit? to have a longer chain....

Nope it is your attitude towards women....the first couple of lines in your previous post says it all.

Unless you are a radical muslim.....then you are obviously trying to wind things up....that is against the sites policies.

Nope it is your attitude towards women....the first couple of lines in your previous post says it all.

Unless you are a radical muslim.....then you are obviously trying to wind things up....that is against the sites policies.

You are right! :D You are the boss! You tell me what is right and I'll do it. :o

meemiathai,

go to sleep so what u've done, u've got everybody up in arms, so let them wave them around...

good grief, dont u guys know sarasm in writing when u see it?????????

especially if u know him from previous months worth of posts.......

bina

and u DONT have to agree with me again, it will ruin your track record...

meemiathai,

go to sleep so what u've done, u've got everybody up in arms, so let them wave them around...

good grief, dont u guys know sarasm in writing when u see it?????????

especially if u know him from previous months worth of posts.......

bina

and u DONT have to agree with me again, it will ruin your track record...

I know that Bina.....

just giving some back.... :o

You are right! :D You are the boss! You tell me what is right and I'll do it. :o

I am glad that we have come to a mutually acceptable agreement.... :D

Get back to work

Edited by gburns57au

• 5 weeks later...

Likely the same group involved???... If so, hopefully not too many of the poisoned pills made it to Thailand... :o

Lethal ecstasy pills sold in Israel

Nine Israelis were under arrest Thursday on suspicion of smuggling and distributing thousands of pills containing a life-threatening substance, police announced. Police imposed a gag order on the case but said that the detainees were all senior underworld figures.

The discovery was made after an Israeli and three Japanese citizens were arrested in Holland in possession of 50,000 pills that appeared to be regular ecstasy. The arrests were made following an investigation lasting several months and intelligence transferred to Dutch police by Israeli detectives.

A member of the Israel Police's Central District Investigations Unit was sent to Holland to collect a sample of the pills for analysis. In an Israeli laboratory it was discovered that a portion of the pills contained a lethal ingredient.

On January 21, eight more people were arrested in central Israel on suspicion of involvement in the smuggling operation and their remands were extended until January 28. Upon searching the suspects' homes, police found large amount of money, numerous cellular phones, plane tickets and incriminating documents. They also seized four vehicles.

Police said that the pills were being sold in Israel, Thailand and Japan, mainly in nightclubs and that more arrests were expected.

They described the life-threatening pill as being florescent green with a smiley face etched into it.

Police added that the dangerous ingredient in the drug was the very same substance used by the US Army to cause the leaves to fall from trees when clearing the jungles of Vietnam. *The defoliant Agent Orange???* :D

Two people exposed to the substance in Israel in the past had died, but it was unclear if the deaths were linked to the pills now being distributed.

Eli Korland from the Central District Police Investigations Unit said 48,000 ecstasy pills had been found, of which 3,000 were contaminated with the lethal substance. He said police suspected that many more of the pills had been distributed around the country but that the detainees were refusing to cooperate with police.

He said the pills were identical to regular ecstasy pills and urged the pubic to stay well away from them.

- Jerusalem Post

hey siracha u beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw that today (well thailand's yesterday) in hebrew on the net: i had the same thuoght exactly. just too coinkodinkle as it were....

although the poisoned ex pills thingy has become a common theme. will have to ask around those that know, here on the kibbutz , what the real story is... (we do have some fierce party people here among the younger 'go to tel aviv on a friday nite' set)

by the by in hebrew it only mentioned holland/japan as a target country. no mention of thailand. and i always check for the 'thai connection'.

does this type of news show up ever in the daily news web site? my husband never seems to m ention this stuff ; or maybe he just looks at sports and recipes (yes, recipes i kid u not).

bye bye

bina

israel

hey siracha u beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!

it's the old saying..... " the early bird gets the מַצָּה " :D

i saw that today (well thailand's yesterday) in hebrew on the net: i had the same thuoght exactly. just too coinkodinkle as it were....

although the poisoned ex pills thingy has become a common theme. will have to ask around those that know, here on the kibbutz , what the real story is... (we do have some fierce party people here among the younger 'go to tel aviv on a friday nite' set)

bye bye

bina

israel

Any word or explanation in the Hebrew press or in the kibbutz about the contaminant in the ecstasy? Is it really Agent Orange :o:D or something similar?

Now I am sure those who think we need a safe environment for our kids will agree!

I think this post is actually a joke but just in case it isn't.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and have to say that the incidence of rape and other crimes is very high there even thou the official statistics don't bear this out.

Some of the most deviant behavior i have ever heard has occured in the magic kingdom so i wouldn't put much stock in the repressed social environment that this country operates in.

Anyone who has had much contact with the Saudi male will uunderstand what i am talking about.

An excellent post, not that I agree with it at all, but because it explains clearly the Islamic case for the hijab. There is a case, however misguided it may be, in the view of many other 'people of the book' like myself.

I believe that men are mostly not animals, to be driven wild by the sight of exposed flesh, and that they can control themselves. But there are always exceptions - rapists & paedophiles are scum.

where i come from i would think its almost impossible to rape a girl as they give up too easy ! :o

well thud, i stick with the american studies, and also, apparently a majority of kids i know must be unstable to be so affected by the stuff (i consider alcohol and valium as dangerous substances also, but so is driving a car... but then again, living is dangerous and then u die as my ex monk husband reminds me often.... )
NIDA InfoFacts: MDMA (Ecstasy)

PDF Version [336K]

Printer-friendly Version

En Español

MDMA (3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine) is a synthetic, psychoactive drug chemically similar to the stimulant methamphetamine and the hallucinogen mescaline. Street names for MDMA include Ecstasy, Adam, XTC, hug, beans, and love drug. MDMA is an illegal drug that acts as both a stimulant and psychedelic, producing an energizing effect, as well as distortions in time and perception and enhanced enjoyment from tactile experiences.

MDMA exerts its primary effects in the brain on neurons that use the chemical serotonin to communicate with other neurons. The serotonin system plays an important role in regulating mood, aggression, sexual activity, sleep, and sensitivity to pain.

Research in animals indicates that MDMA is neurotoxic; whether or not this is also true in humans is currently an area of intense investigation. MDMA can also be dangerous to health and, on rare occasions, lethal.

Health Hazards

For some people, MDMA can be addictive. A survey of young adult and adolescent MDMA users found that 43 percent of those who reported ecstasy use met the accepted diagnostic criteria for dependence, as evidenced by continued use despite knowledge of physical or psychological harm, withdrawal effects, and tolerance (or diminished response), and 34 percent met the criteria for drug abuse. Almost 60 percent of people who use MDMA report withdrawal symptoms, including fatigue, loss of appetite, depressed feelings, and trouble concentrating.

Cognitive Effects

Chronic users of MDMA perform more poorly than nonusers on certain types of cognitive or memory tasks. Some of these effects may be due to the use of other drugs in combination with MDMA, among other factors.

Physical Effects

In high doses, MDMA can interfere with the body's ability to regulate temperature. On rare but unpredictable occasions, this can lead to a sharp increase in body temperature (hyperthermia), resulting in liver, kidney, and cardiovascular system failure, and death.

Because MDMA can interfere with its own metabolism (breakdown within the body), potentially harmful levels can be reached by repeated drug use within short intervals.

Users of MDMA face many of the same risks as users of other stimulants such as cocaine and amphetamines. These include increases in heart rate and blood pressure, a special risk for people with circulatory problems or heart disease, and other symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, faintness, and chills or sweating.

Psychological Effects

These can include confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, and severe anxiety. These problems can occur during and sometimes days or weeks after taking MDMA.

Neurotoxicity

Research in animals links MDMA exposure to long-term damage to neurons that are involved in mood, thinking, and judgment. A study in nonhuman primates showed that exposure to MDMA for only 4 days caused damage to serotonin nerve terminals that was evident 6 to 7 years later. While similar neurotoxicity has not been definitively shown in humans, the wealth of animal research indicating MDMA's damaging properties suggests that MDMA is not a safe drug for human consumption.

Hidden Risk: Drug Purity

Other drugs chemically similar to MDMA, such as MDA (methylenedioxyamphetamine, the parent drug of MDMA) and PMA (paramethoxyamphetamine, associated with fatalities in the U.S. and Australia) are sometimes sold as ecstasy. These drugs can be neurotoxic or create additional health risks to the user. Also, ecstasy tablets may contain other substances in addition to MDMA, such as ephedrine (a stimulant); dextromethorphan (DXM, a cough suppressant that has PCP-like effects at high doses); ketamine (an anesthetic used mostly by veterinarians that also has PCP-like effects); caffeine; cocaine; and methamphetamine. While the combination of MDMA with one or more of these drugs may be inherently dangerous, users might also combine them with substances such as marijuana and alcohol, putting themselves at further physical risk.

obviously both h. and t. (the two kids who were most problematic here amng the 200+ kids that i have daily contact with; over the age of 12 and under the age of 19... ) had a low threshhold for ths stuff; i suspect that i have very high threshold of reaction to things...

maybe the way the stuff is used among our kids is different than among brits or americans; our kids are users pre army and then after army when they are much more 'delicate' psychologically: pre army they are very nervous (understandably) and post army they are just waiting to break out in all directions and sometimes they fall apart.

h. still has memory lapses; still has depressions; has gained back his weight, is now a respected commander (whatever u might think thud, for us that is a good thing in of itself and since u dont live here, and experience what we do, u wont understand where i am coming from)... h.'s mother is a doctor and has done in depth research in this due to her son having so many problems with the stuff (he also has other problems in his life which probably added to his general feelings) who is probably much more in depth than any of us as she is obsessive about finding and synthesizing information. as an ex pot user also from the states she is not predisposed to claim drug users are all scum, all drugs are bad, however since it affected her son to the point of at least once being hospitalized with cramping headaches etc; and memory loss, behavioral changes etc, she has made it her business to find out all she can about the stuff in two languages....

the point was, how stupid can u be to carry that much thru an airport: and i dont think it was for personal use either... and how much these people make off of the weaknesses of others regardless...

btw just to make a point, my duagher gets ritilin. the pro and con arguements are about the same as for the use of X... addictive or not? long term affects or not? good points vx. bad points? appetite supressant so how to deal with weight control vx chemically induced anorexia in a teen age girl. will she become an addictive personality due to the fact that she gets a pill every day to 'help' her? i personally make it a point to remind her that the little white pill she gets is for a specific purpose and not a cure all for all her woes and stife in life...

anyway, it obviously was ho-hum news in comparison to whatever other news we have here daily, (the usual bombing in shderot, killing off palestinians in gaza, police corruption, price of bread going up, school strike finally over, etc...)so all but us on thaivisa have lost total interest in this as a news item...

now if they just made those darn pills in lavender....

bina

israel

THIS ia absolute rubbish and i can see it only designed to scaremonger :oFor some people, MDMA can be addictive. A survey of young adult and adolescent MDMA users found that 43 percent of those who reported ecstasy use met the accepted diagnostic criteria for dependence, as evidenced by continued use despite knowledge of physical or psychological harm, withdrawal effects, and tolerance (or diminished response), and 34 percent met the criteria for drug abuse. Almost 60 percent of people who use MDMA report withdrawal symptoms, including fatigue, loss of appetite, depressed feelings, and trouble concentrating.

where i come from i would think its almost impossible to rape a girl as they give up too easy ! :o

:D

There I wonder why it has always been impossible for me to rape a girl!

I think this post is actually a joke but just in case it isn't.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and have to say that the incidence of rape and other crimes is very high there even thou the official statistics don't bear this out.

Some of the most deviant behavior i have ever heard has occured in the magic kingdom so i wouldn't put much stock in the repressed social environment that this country operates in.

Anyone who has had much contact with the Saudi male will uunderstand what i am talking about.

I guess the governments in those middle east countries just aren't doing enough. They are heading the right directions though?

• 10 months later...

UPDATE... they've been sentenced to death...

'Police framed Israeli facing Thai death penalty'

The brother of two Israelis facing a death sentence in Thailand for drug crimes accused the Israel Police of framing his brother as "punishment" for not cooperating with police efforts to gather evidence against organized crime kingpin Yitzhak Abergil.

Rafi Mahluf, brother of Yigal Alon Mahluf, told Israel Radio on Wednesday that the Israel Police representative in Thailand, Yaki Oved, had visited his brother in jail repeatedly, promising police assistance in securing his release in exchange for "tips" on Abergil.

"My brother is innocent. To the Israel Police, I say, enough! He's received the death penalty. The police turned to him a few times and said, cooperate with us on Abergil, and we'll help get you released. My brother had no information to give them on the Abergil family, so they harassed him and now he's been given the death penalty," Mahluf said.

He added that court documents attached to the case contained "45 pages tying him to the Abergil family" that originated with the Israel Police.

The police denied the allegations, saying in a statement, "As a rule, the Israel Police does not give details on intelligence, including to law enforcement agencies abroad, for obvious reasons."

"The Israel Police... did not believe he would receive the death penalty. They thought he would get three to five years... believe me, they're not sleeping well at night now. They know 100 percent that he's innocent," Mahluf said.

Rafi Mahluf said his brother, who has lived abroad for 15 years, owned a hostel called Shenkin in Thailand which also acted as a travel agency.

"All the Israelis went there to eat Israeli food and buy plane tickets," Mahluf said.

"Yitzhak Abergil, like thousands of others, came to buy tickets and to eat at the restaurant. They [Mahluf and Abergil] met a few times over the ticket purchase, and when my brother served him at the restaurant," Mahluf added.

Based on those meetings, the Israel Police had concluded that Yigal was "associated" with the Abergils, Mahluf claimed.

"The Thai police don't know him [my brother]. Drugs were not found on him during the arrest," Mahluf said.

Mahluf also charged the Israeli Embassy in Thailand with failing to provide legal assistance, adding that no translator was in court on Tuesday to translate the sentence.

"My brother only found out [about the death penalty] when he returned to prison. I found out through the media," Mahluf said. "He's still in shock. He booked his flight ticket home, he didn't see this coming."

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni called her Thai counterpart Wednesday and asked for his help in commuting the death sentence.

Yigal Alon Mahluf and Vladimir Agronik were arrested last year in a drug bust in Bangkok, and were convicted of possessing some 23,000 Ecstasy pills that Thai police said were bound for Italy and the US.

"The drug plague is a grave international phenomenon found in all societies, and every state needs to fight against it. No one questions that anyone who committed these types of crimes should sit behind lock and key and pay a price for their crimes," Livni said.

"If that were all that we were talking about, Israel would not have made a request," she added. "I am turning to you with this request to reconsider the harsh death sentence that was handed down on the Israeli citizens and commute it to prison time."

According to Livni's office, Thai Foreign Minister Sompong Amornvivat said that the legal process was only in its early stages, and there were many other stages before the death sentence would be carried out.

It was agreed that the Foreign Ministry would continue to follow the process and would act according to the legal developments. Mahluf and Agronik have indicated that they will appeal.

The families of the two men were briefed on the conversation.

- Jerusalem Post / 2008-11-26

Ecstasy isn't actually a narcotic, is it? I know in the US marijuana is legally classed as a narcotic, and it isn't a narcotic.

BTW, I bet you alot of our members reading this have tried it, I haven't, but I sure would have if it was a fashionable during my salad days.

If memory serves me right salad days were served with sinsemilia at the Abby tavern on 19th ave

Woh they have it so good now.

It is actually classed as more harmful/ addictive than cocaine, and in exactly the same league as crack and heroin. If you need to delude yourself to give you a sense of virtuosity then you probably have a bigger problem than you think.

oh dear here we go- being classed means zero in terms of what its actually all about and the way it can harm the body, and same 'league '.. .? in terms of what?

it only for the legal implication is this not so

yes, heroin is class A- it can also be considered to actually prolong life ( a few days ago I tried to post something about this was it was not allowed- suffice to say I spoke to my medical expert friend who confirmed some details to me about this, I also happen to know living, walking exampples of this)

when people here jump and say " it cannot be, it must be bad"( my favorite- its 20 times more bad than smoking 1 cigerette! then asking the poster to do some research)

it show they have done zero research and are towing the establishment lines..(the same establishemnt that produced failed policy after anther) like most hence, no progress- we need to put our government fed little lies to one side- reassess everything

see that what we are doing is not working, never has and never will

because they see to think that making something illegal wil stop it.And that thing is "bad"

The UK has been jumping up and down with the way it classes thing-

years ago it ran a huge publicity ( complete lie) campaign to prevent people from taking estacy( it failed of coures, not one anti- drugs prgrame any where in the world has ever succeeded( please do not bother with silly little " do that in singapore/middle east and see what happens..." childish comments I sometimes get...- I have thanks)

The UK got a poor little poster girl saying estacy had killed a young lady called leah betts ( which was a total lie- and they say UK has no big brother type ways, why is there a need to lie to the public when nothing to hide?)

the truth is- it seem to me and many experts from nederlands, and other places that XTC, proper name MDMA is practicly harmless ( when I say this I mean when taken in correct way, like food and drink)

like everything else, there may be side effects. And did you know that some reasearch says it may become prescribed for parkinson sufferers...maybe we're going full circle now.

Addictive!!!!- that one had my whole front room laughing. I mean no disrespect.. it just the way that word is used, usually incorrectly.

My friends in amsterdam who take almost every fri night and sometimes sat and have been doing so for years would love one... shhh... listen... they are not addicted to ANYTHING

they are perfectly healthy, funtional.

Please explain using ther criterea of addiction as it applys to XCTC,why this is so?Or were just told it? More importantly- is this what you want to beleive?

Seen any XTC rehab centres? What level in your country is XTC addictin up to now?

What are the withdrawal symptons of XTC addiction because my medical expert say he does not know any and would be pleased to hear some.We may be wrong- please educate us.

I am NOT advocating illegal drug use( disclaimer for the TV mods) I am advocating the truth, when seeing this perhaps we could design a way that cuts out all the useless time wasting, money costing procedures and target the real naughty boys( or girls)

The lifes of these men is far from over

they will spend some time in the unversity of crime, come out better, more educated criminals and go then go back to making lots of money our governments allow them to do.There booses will not be concerned I suspect at any of this

look what we produce with our laws.. better, smarter, richer crooks,more corrupt officials, and such a waste in public fund and for what, something far, far less harmful than alcohol...

On News.com today....

A GOLD Coast teenager who supplied some of the ecstasy pills which killed her best friend has avoided a conviction being recorded against her.

Kimberley Anne Sellieck, 18, of Robina, was sentenced to two years probation and 75 hours' community service today when she appeared in Southport Magistrates Court.

She pleaded guilty to three counts of supplying a dangerous drug following the death of her close friend Blair Elizabeth Vaina, 18, of Austinville, on August 18.

Ms Vaina died after a drug overdose while on a fishing trip with friends near Jabiru Island on the Gold Coast.

In October, Sellieck's boyfriend Benjamin William Hill, 19, of Hollywell, was sentenced to two years' probation and 200 hours' community service after pleading guilty to four counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

The court was told Hill had arranged to meet Ms Vaina and her boyfriend at a pool hall in Mermaid Beach earlier on the day of the fishing trip and had sold her four ecstasy tablets for $100.

Sellieck's solicitor Jason Murakami said today that Ms Vaina had taken three of the pills before receiving another two from his client later on.

He said Ms Vaina had been hallucinating before taking the extra pills, telling Sellieck "you have a black bar and a cross on your head".

Ms Vaina allegedly told Sellieck she had wanted to keep up with her 17-year-old boyfriend, who also collapsed after taking the ecstasy, but survived.

While describing Ms Vaina's death as a "traumatic and unfortunate incident", Mr Murakami said Sellieck had not supplied the ecstasy tablets to make any money.

"It's become culturally accepted for teenagers to take ecstasy tablets," he said.

"The group had been taking them regularly for 12 months. Someone else could've been sitting here (in the court) and my client could have passed away."

In sentencing, Magistrate Catherine Pirie told Sellieck: "Tragically this represents a problem that seems to me is not uncommon in the community.

"Groups of young people get together and take ecstasy tablets on weekends.

"I hope this is a clear lesson to all young people, as well as yourself, about the tragic consequences that can apply to this type of behaviour."

Now tell me it doesnt kill..... :o

that can apply- do you understand that "can" does NOT equal "will"

that in the vast majority of times does not- sorry if you do like hearing this

not with me, my friends, any of my circles, all hard working funtional professioals

our country tells us how to do correctly- we ahve a middle ground and it seems to be working

we are not sheep, we are allowed to question and see that there is middle ground, which allows us to have GREAT time and do so safetly and, oh yes, XTC does NOT make yo7u see things...

more goverment lies

Is it unfair?....supply and demand....if people didnt use then there wouldnt be a problem....true??

True, but people use. Always have, always will. You think you can change human nature?

that is the crux of all this...

people who obviously do not have a clue and honestly think all drugs users will ruin their life and drugs are harmful are sad, but they have a voice abd are stopping real progress

when the real facts are totally different- that the vast majority, like those who drink can have a great time.. and do... sorry to shatter that myth

but for anyone who look a little closer they will, as i, my mentors, my unversity, my police saw

okay, moving on

ALL THE LAWS IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER, HAVE NEVER WILL OR CAN NEVER STOP THIS- as the person just said

its human nature..

we need to wake up, and adjust

Lets not forget that people (mainly young people) have died from using this drug...

nor forget you have as much chance of dying from this drug in UK as of being kicked to death by a horse- shall we ban horses?

on the scale of things... XTC is by far one of safest drugs to take

and even safer when in an progressive country which overseas things and allows young people to test their stuff

Popped more then a few pills in my day, and it isnt in the same league as crack heroine or coke.

Well I remember when it was still legal in USA

and so you COULD take it and not be arrested.

I had a friend who was busted for it, and they HAD to give him the pills back.

He had gotten them from an MD. About 2 years later it was illegal.

Basically a cousin of psylicyben, made from marygold seeds. Myrstisin.

But nothing as strong. No aggression, no nasty attitude.

It was about the most appropriately named drug ever.

This, bad as coke, meth and heroin, is just incorrect,

put in place by paranoid legislators and copied over and over.

Mostly because it was explosively popular and made people late for work,

after literally dancing the night away.

Worst effects was dehydration from dancing too hard and too long,

and worn sexual organs from too much sex for too long.

Some scientists did say it was harmfull to brain function,

but just as many refuted that Scientific draw.

I have seen that pdf above and another refuting great amounts of it.

Cognitive abilities deccend when you are very tired from dancing for 8 hours.

Too much peanut butter can kill you too.

More people have died from doctor mis-prescribed medications

causing allergic interactive reactions than from Extascy by far.

But it's illegal now and these guys should have known better.

Edited by animatic

Popped more then a few pills in my day, and it isnt in the same league as crack heroine or coke.

Well I remember when it was still legal in USA

and so you COULD take it and not be arrested.

I had a friend who was busted for it, and they HAD to give him the pills back.

He had gotten them from an MD. About 2 years later it was illegal.

Basically a cousin of psylicyben, made from marygold seeds. Myrstisin.

But nothing as strong. No aggression, no nasty attitude.

It was about the most appropriately named drug ever.

This, bad as coke, meth and heroin, is just incorrect,

put in place by paranoid legislators and copied over and over.

Mostly because it was explosively popular and made people late for work,

after literally dancing the night away.

Worst effects was dehydration from dancing too hard and too long,

and worn sexual organs from too much sex for too long.

Some scientists did say it was harmfull to brain function,

but just as many refuted that Scientific draw.

I have seen that pdf above and another refuting great amounts of it.

Cognitive abilities deccend when you are very tired from dancing for 8 hours.

Too much peanut butter can kill you too.

More people have died from doctor mis-prescribed medications

causing allergic interactive reactions than from Extascy by far.

But it's illegal now and these guys should have known better.

I must be on something, thats 2 people today on TV who have said something which actually is true, based upon fact, research..

so progress is possible

Bringing the drugs from europe to US via Thailand , well give the guy a medal who had that idea.If he got caught in UK he would serve about 3 years !

Anyone who has any real clue about drugs,like the poster who worked in UK for rehab clinic,whould know that ectasy is not a hard drug.I remember in english press when public first started to know that thosands of kids were popping pills like sweets and dancing all night,back in late eighties early nineties,the papers said 'dance with death' and 'ectasy makes you go blind'.Scare tactics .

And God have mercy on their souls.

Pigs Ass! may the devil feed them 1 tablet a day for 23,000 days and lets see how totally screwed up they become just for the fun of it... :o

Might as well. At least that would be more fun.

hahahaha, I agree with you and I think if it was my self going to Bkk Hilton then I would happily take one or two pills a day! At least I would be like "Oh maaaan this place is so coooool" *grins*

saricha, how do u always always beat me to it.........?????i actually checked the posts here to see if someone else saw that news item or if it was in the thai news.. anon didnt see anything but he only checks sports and front page stuff anyway

the guy has a police record for drugs etc in beer sheba according to ma'ariv; so dont think he's soooooo inoccent... doesnt deserve death maybe but jail time, no prob... dont think that they really will kill him either... last time someone got the death sentence about 10 or so years ago, israel threatened to send home thai workers, or change the quotas (yeah like the farmers would really let that happen either) of thai workers... but btw, it was in the news but not soooooooooo much news so i really believe he did do what they say he did......

speculation all of it of course....

but i quote someone from his family in a newspaper interview: "... thailand is a barbarian country so we must fight this verdict.... " like the little mafiosa here arent?????????

and india has taken the front pages of all the news papers today..

buna