Multi-o Visas Available In Penang

I just had a successful visa run to Penang. I'm not married and don't have 800,000 B to qualify for the retirement visa, so I got a non-immigrant O visa, multi-entry 1-year visa.

I'm 64 with a small pension of about $10,000/year, a few thousand US dollars in a US bank and only 50,000 B at Thai Farmers here in Chiangmai. I presented my US consulate sworn proof of income, downloaded savings info on US account and my Thai Bank book. Paid 550 RM with a 50RM commission to the guys at NJ Book Centre on Chulia St.--the main drag in Georgetown. I stay for 18 RM at the nearby Oasis Hotel. It's kind of a dump but adequate for the 3-night stay I needed to get the train back to Thailand from Butterworth.

Oh, no letters from bank managers required, just the book and statements. I suppose you could pump up the balances a little and then withdraw the money for the trip too. But don't say I suggested that!

Mohammed told me "no problem" when I presented my paperwork and I got the fresh visa 2 days later good until Nov. 27, 2008. With a visa run at the end I'm good till '09.

Tell me about happiness!

Darkstar 1943.

Also recommend the Ship restaurant for great steak/seafood dinners and not all that expensive by US standards. About $20 for prawns, steak, salad, corn on the cob, potatoes and a delicious 3 scoop chocolate sundae. Drank ice tea. Liquor, wine and beer are high there.

I just had a successful visa run to Penang. I'm not married and don't have 800,000 B to qualify for the retirement visa, so I got a non-immigrant O visa, multi-entry 1-year visa.

I'm 64 with a small pension of about $10,000/year, a few thousand US dollars in a US bank and only 50,000 B at Thai Farmers here in Chiangmai. I presented my US consulate sworn proof of income, downloaded savings info on US account and my Thai Bank book. Paid 550 RM with a 50RM commission to the guys at NJ Book Centre on Chulia St.--the main drag in Georgetown. I stay for 18 RM at the nearby Oasis Hotel. It's kind of a dump but adequate for the 3-night stay I needed to get the train back to Thailand from Butterworth.

Oh, no letters from bank managers required, just the book and statements. I suppose you could pump up the balances a little and then withdraw the money for the trip too. But don't say I suggested that!

Mohammed told me "no problem" when I presented my paperwork and I got the fresh visa 2 days later good until Nov. 27, 2008. With a visa run at the end I'm good till '09.

Tell me about happiness!

Darkstar 1943.

Also recommend the Ship restaurant for great steak/seafood dinners and not all that expensive by US standards. About $20 for prawns, steak, salad, corn on the cob, potatoes and a delicious 3 scoop chocolate sundae. Drank ice tea. Liquor, wine and beer are high there.

Hello Consul-General . You copy that ?

After this it'll be more difficult to apply non Immigrant O multiple in Penang for sure.

Don't you know that now thai officials read this forum ?

Edited by Ehre