Rumour Or True ?

lucky55

To everybody concerned or interested....

Please don't laugh but there is a serious rumour going around in the U.Thani/Karasin area regarding the yearly retirement ext.of the non. Imm. '0' class visa.

Evidently,if you've been granted the Non.imm '0' class visa continuously for the last 3 years,you can now apply for permanent residency and for the next few weeks,it will be granted a lot easier than normal.

I was given this info by a married scouse friend who is cheesed off because he hasn't been here long enough to be eligable.

I am not trying to wind anybody up,nor Trolling.....Myself and my Falang friends just want to know if any of the sensible,well informed senior members have heard about this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

To everybody concerned or interested....

Please don't laugh but there is a serious rumour going around in the U.Thani/Karasin area regarding the yearly retirement ext.of the non. Imm. '0' class visa.

Evidently,if you've been granted the Non.imm '0' class visa continuously for the last 3 years,you can now apply for permanent residency and for the next few weeks,it will be granted a lot easier than normal.

I was given this info by a married scouse friend who is cheesed off because he hasn't been here long enough to be eligable.

I am not trying to wind anybody up,nor Trolling.....Myself and my Falang friends just want to know if any of the sensible,well informed senior members have heard about this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

News to me mate. I'm sure Lopburi3 can advise you on this one though!

Why make it easier just for retiree's when previously they have not been able to apply for PR?

Sounds like a rumor for sure, but the idea of allowing retirees the opportunity to successfully apply for perm residence is a simply fantastic idea. At the moment, the lack of this option is one of those unfairnesses that we must just accept. For those who don't know, retirement extenders are not allowed this option because for the most part they move here after working abroad, can't work here, so have no record of paying Thai taxes (a current requirement) so are in effect barred from this path towards permanence.

Edited by Jingthing

Chinese-whispers I suspect.

You've always been able to apply for PR after three consecutive visa EXTENSIONS on the grounds of working or marriage. Although I don't believe that retirees are specifically excluded there is a requirement that you've been paying Thai tax (which sort of excludes the retired by default).

The application window is very short and I believe is open now, maybe that's the 'easier' part.

Although I don't believe that retirees are specifically excluded there is a requirement that you've been paying Thai tax (which sort of excludes the retired by default).

We might as well be! Impossible is impossible.

Edited by Jingthing

This is the time for applications to be accepted for PR (actually it has been open for some time this year) but have not seen any reports of a change in the requirements for income tax payments or that anyone here on a retirement extension of stay would be considered for approval (they have not in the recent past).

This is the time for applications to be accepted for PR (actually it has been open for some time this year) but have not seen any reports of a change in the requirements for income tax payments or that anyone here on a retirement extension of stay would be considered for approval (they have not in the recent past).

Thanks Lopburi3 and everyone else who helped to clarify things.I think we've all got the picture straight now,too good to be true, (as I suspected !)