Affirmation To Marry - Getting It Certified

nelson111

Hi, I've got my affirmation to marry from my embassy, it's currently being translated and then I need to get it certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. I live in Chiang Mai so want to do this by post.

The translation agency we are using will do this for us but charges a fairly hefty fee.

Some friends posted it to the MFA themselves for their wedding but unfortunately don't have any useful details (addresses, phone numbers etc). We've tried phoning the general MFA numbers but get run around from dept to dept with no clearcut answers. Unsuprisingly, to be fair.

Any advice on the process along with helpful addresses/numbers, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi, I hope this will be of some help. I can't remember the exact fee, but I think I paid 200 baht per document.

Good luck.

Have all documents certified at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. While only the English declaration needs to be notarized by the Embassy, both the English declaration and Thai translation must be certified at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to acknowledge that the signatures appearing on the documents are recognized. This will take a maximum of two working days.

Documents for legalization can also be mailed to the following address with the application form and money order in Thai Baht payable to Laksi Post Office.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Legalization Division , 3rd floor, Department of Consular Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road, Bangkok 10210

Tel: 0 2575-1056 - 9, Fax: 0 2575-1054

Hours: 08:30 to 11:30, and 13:00 to 15:30.

Edited by B Fuddled