Seeking Freelance Computer Work

hello there

i m an indian techie working in bkk..hav got a masters in computers and experience of working on ms technologies especially .net - hav all the latest microsoft certifications too

MCSD.net etc

as i have lots of time on hand , especially during weekends....i am looking for some freelance work opportunities to occupy my time and also earn some extra cash...

i am interested in doing website work - software...work too....

complicated data driven websites - with asp.net - sql server - and other advanced features shudnt be a problem at all....

window/web form based software apps....of any kind....using c#, vb.net even vb6

i wont mind teaching people aswell - teaching them .net, C#, vb.net, asp.net, web services, even computers - would be a gr8 way to pass time on weekends....

i just love this tech stuff....

so if any of u is interested - or know someone else who might be interested - do let me know

best regards

• 2 weeks later...
www.rentacoder.com

Paulf - the upside of rentacoder is that they escrow all monies agreed to for a project at the commencement of the Project. Downsides include their commission rate (15% with $3 minimum), and the fact that their preferred method of payment is Paypal. Unfortunately, unlike other freelance bid sites -such as www.getafreelancer.com - rentacoder don't allow you to make payments off-site.

However, overall, the most disappointing, so far as I can see, is ebay's freelance bid site: www.guru.com - the combo of fees/commission and lack of real quality work usually means that you spend an entire quarter just trying to make-up the down-payment fee.

No, it would certainly seem that these days if you happen to do any freelance work, cold-calling/who you know still work best. That said, I've been amazed at the response to my website - which has certainly paid for itself by now. So, if there are any freelancers out there, I would suggest that a good website be an essential element of your business plan.