Car Ferry To Koh Phangan?

thaihedgehog

Raja Ferry is the only car ferry to Koh Phangan these days. According to their new schedule it departs Don Sak at 6 am, 8 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm and 6pm but I'd call and check. The Don Sak number is 077-471151, the Koh Phangan number is 077-377452. As far as I know it is first come, first served and you must queue to get on the boat. So, if its busy, you will have to wait.

I wonder if it's like the SeaTran ferry to Samui where you may buy a round trip ticket and reserve an exact return time. I learned about this the hard way, of course. We waited at the Samui pier for about 5 hours one sunday waiting for a spot on the boat.

I wonder if it's like the SeaTran ferry to Samui where you may buy a round trip ticket and reserve an exact return time. I learned about this the hard way, of course. We waited at the Samui pier for about 5 hours one sunday waiting for a spot on the boat.

You can buy return trips with Raja. They'll tell you the time of your outbound boat, and the return time is up to you. If you have a return ticket, there's a special queue for you at Lipa Noi and you pretty much get on the first boat. That's for Samui - not sure if they do the same with the Phangngan boats as I haven't been over there for a while.

(But keep it quiet or else everyone will have a rtn ticket and it'll be back to square one!) :o