Bread Request!

12call

Isn't there usually a little bakery somewhere in a shopping mall? You know the places that do cakes, pies, buns, rolls etc. I would love to get a loaf hot out of the oven. Like sticky rice, it's lovely when it's hot. (imagine a smilie here with mouth watering)

Gazza

What kind of bread you are looking for?

Try Bei Otto Sukh Soi 20, a guy from Black forest with his own bakery/butchery/restaurant for +20 years.

Or try Swiss Grottino, Sukh Soi 19 (Walk in from 17 next to Robinson and turn right at the next sub-soi, you will see the Swiss flag.

The first has excellent Laugen rolls, the second fantastic fresh bread delivered daily by an associated bakery.

BUT: will there be ALL necessary incredients available to buy IN Los ??? :o

I am sure, yes. There are dozens of small bakeries and they all buy local.

Btw, how do you get the marmelade to make a doughnut?

Buy the doughnut and press the contents out. :D

Not really joking, bread is in big supply in LoS, why to make it yourself? Makes only sense in a country where there is nothing and all the friends come after you made it. (Been there and done it, but years ago and not in LoS)

• 2 weeks later...
talking about bread....anyone knows where to get good bagles in BKK? I lived in montreal for 3 years and the bagles there were just unforgetable!!! Just hoping to get something similar...

You can't even get bagels as good as Montreals in New York (well at least the style is different), so I doubt it very much.

Places like Au Bon Pan have "bagels" but they are not special at all but they have the shape right.

Bagels ... oh my God, St. Urbain's .. the rest ...incredible.

Urfortunately, I have become a type II diabetic and the sugar level in these little devils sends me over the top. Back in the day I could eat a bunch now ... one maxes me out.

The SiamCity Hotel on Sri Ayuthaya rd has a small cafe attached at the side where they sell some great baked goods. the cakes are literally heart stopping !! I noticed they had pretty good lookng wholemeal bread in big loaves there. It is walking distance from Pyathai BTS......just walk past Florida hotel and turn the corner to the right ....the hotel is across the other side of the street.

For those of you that enjoy having a 'Toss' on Sundays.... (steady)....

There's a little bakery next to the Bull's Head on Suk 33/1. Fresh loaves, sticks etc plus a range of filled rolls etc. Mainly caters to our Japanese brethren but they don't seem bothered when an 'orrible great farang like yours truly wanders in.

:o

If any of you ever get a chance to go to Montreal gotta try the "St-Viateur Bagel " on St-Viateur St. ( Near Du Parc) ...they're the best....yummy...the ones in Au bon pain is ok in shape but the body can't even compare to the ones they sell in the supermaket in MTL...

I do make cakes here by myself when I crave for some real nice cakes...if one really want good bread can consider buying one of those bread maker...they kinda look like a rice cooker and just put all the ingredients in then push the botton (it's all programed so you can choose to make a lot of different breads or cakes with it)u get urself fresh baked bread in the morning! gotta appreciate the technology today...I'm sure you can find one in emporium or world trade center for about 8000~10000 bht...