Samui To Phangan Car Ferry

I posted a few weeks back, there was an announcement on Koh Phangan radio that it would restart after the New Year. Apparently, thanks to the new Mayor :o

I've heard rumors about it starting for several months, but this is the first time that its been announced on the radio. Fingers crossed.

I posted a few weeks back, there was an announcement on Koh Phangan radio that it would restart after the New Year. Apparently, thanks to the new Mayor :o

I've heard rumors about it starting for several months, but this is the first time that its been announced on the radio. Fingers crossed.

WHAT? Koh Phangan radio?? How come they have a Radio Station?

After new year :o was hoping it would be before xmas.

Any where on Phangan rent proper pick up trucks, not Suzuki jeeps ?

Sea Mew next to the big hotel at the pier. No idea of the price tho, sorry.

As for the radio, no idea, its been around for quite some time now.

Anyway, back to the car ferry, I think they said it would run to Samui in the AM and back to Phangan in the PM, like it did before, but anything is possible. Again, no guarantee, but it was announced on the radio.

Again, keep your fingers crossed :D

The guy to the right (comming of the boat) at the thong sala pier have a pickup for rent (at least some months ago). Dont remember the brand but it looked descent, think it was a d-max but im not sure. Only a 2-door though so if you are more than 2 persons it might not be comfortable. He wanted 1000 baht/day but where a good guy to negotiate with and im sure he give you a good weekly/monthly price.

Allthough some of the roads you might be better off with the jeep than a pickup but you new that already! :D

The guy to the right (comming of the boat) at the thong sala pier have a pickup for rent (at least some months ago). Dont remember the brand but it looked descent, think it was a d-max but im not sure. Only a 2-door though so if you are more than 2 persons it might not be comfortable. He wanted 1000 baht/day but where a good guy to negotiate with and im sure he give you a good weekly/monthly price.

Allthough some of the roads you might be better off with the jeep than a pickup but you new that already! :D

Really would advise a pick up over a jeep - waaaaaay more comfortable than those sardine tins - they are horrendous and really unreliable. Best bet is a 4 wheel drive pick up but if not no worries, just take it slow and steady, and don't attempt the Bottle Beach Road. Always worth asking resorts if they want to rent out their car if no joy elswhere.

Thanks guys will check them out next week, been renting Suzuki's since I cant bring my car any more, but this time have a lot of stuff to move around.

Samui has also had it's own radio station for a few years now, FM 97 point something. Kratae the Samui channel presenter used to do the English slots but now it has reverted back to mostly Thai language and music.

Will the ferry service be seatran :D or raja :o do you know SBK ?

Cheers

• 1 month later...