Can This Be Done?

trianglechoke

Hi guys.

After 4 years of illegal work in Thailand I have decided to get a degree.

I have 800000 baht to use but this ain't enough.

I will also have to work for about 10 hours a week to get the extra 20000 am month required to top up my earnings.

Can it be done???

Uni plus work in BKK for 4 years, waddaya think guys?

Feel free to flame or pm me with advice

Hi guys.

After 4 years of illegal work in Thailand I have decided to get a degree.

I have 800000 baht to use but this ain't enough.

I will also have to work for about 10 hours a week to get the extra 20000 am month required to top up my earnings.

Can it be done???

Uni plus work in BKK for 4 years, waddaya think guys?

Feel free to flame or pm me with advice

What kind of illegal work you been doing, teaching?

What degree do you want to study?

Why not do a open univerxity/ or online degree then 800k will be plenty to live on for a year or 2, if your very careful.

Im impressed if it is teaching illegally for 4 years and youve saved 800k

It may help us a little if we had some idea of the OP's age?

This may help us to help him? :o

I am 34 and I wish to study a Business English degree at BKK uni as I want to be legal and I love bing in Thailand and BKK uni has a good world wide rep should i need to work in Japan.

And yes I am a teacher.

This may help us to help him? :o

I am 34 and I wish to study a Business English degree at BKK uni as I want to be legal and I love bing in Thailand and BKK uni has a good world wide rep should i need to work in Japan.

And yes I am a teacher.

It does?

Best of luck to you. I am assuming that you will be able to get a student visa and thus stay legally.

Working and studying is certainly possible. You will be a busy boy and busy hands are happy hands!

This may help us to help him? :D

And yes I am a teacher.

It does?

He probably believes in Santa Claus if he believes that. :o

Edited by mrtoad

From the OP's posts I must assume that he is doing quite OK here so far, and wishes to further his education. He wants to live in Bangkok, NOT Oxford or Cambridge. Wheter BKK Uni has a stellar reputation abroad or not I do not know, but I trust the OP to have done his homework, and at least it seems to be fine in Japan, but probably not so hot in the Western world. But does that really matter, if OP wants to be here or in Japan?

And I trust OP is not going to be tutored by some Isaan rice farmer, nor a "teacher" on a tourist visa without a work permit, but a properly qualified professor from the west.

It is really so tiring to read posts that are 100% negative (or totally empty, what does hahahahah add to a thread?). I will not venture to assume anything about these people, but I would put my money on the OP over these jokers any day. A little less derision, and a lot more constructive advice would be nice...

And to the OP: Go Attaboy!

Edit: You know why by now...

Edited by MeaMaximaCulpa