Mysterious Pop Up Window

sensei

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii206/v...ger/baffled.jpg

baffled.jpg

This tiny window suddenly started appearing when I right click on any file on my desktop.

Has anyone here seen anything like this before?

I refuse to click on OK fearing it might install something on my computer so I just close it using the X on the upper right corner. For all I know, that close button could well be an extension of the OK button.

After closing the window, the right click menu appears as usual.

Could this be a sign of an infection?

A quick restart removes the problem but i keeps on coming back after a few minutes...

Any ideas?

Edited by sensei

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii206/v...ger/baffled.jpg

baffled.jpg

This tiny window suddenly started appearing when I right click on any file on my desktop.

Has anyone here seen anything like this before?

I refuse to click on OK fearing it might install something on my computer so I just close it using the X on the upper right corner. For all I know, that close button could well be an extension of the OK button.

After closing the window, the right click menu appears as usual.

Could this be a sign of an infection?

A quick restart removes the problem but i keeps on coming back after a few minutes...

Any ideas?

My advice is to use ShellExView to disable suspicious shell extensions until you find which one is the culprit.

OTOH, if the problems goes away briefly after a reboot it might be something more...

"My advice is to use ShellExView to disable suspicious shell extensions until you find which one is the culprit.

OTOH, if the problems goes away briefly after a reboot it might be something more..."

I will try it out but I suppose I have to wait for my computer to start doing that again before I run ShellExView.

Thanks Veazer