Fortuner 3.0 D4d Performance Chip

deejay

Hi guys,

I have a Fortuner 2005 model 3.0 D4D turbo diesel. I am considering to install a Diesel Power Chip which improves performance, torque & economy.

Sofar I gave two options, with some differances in price etc. One is a european product the other made in Aussie.

- A Ptronic - http://www.p-tronic.co.uk/?cfC0A8002D=1DE6...nnMsCjfhaCoHzo=

- A DPchip - http://www.dpchip.com

The suppliers in Europe have requested a photo of the plug on the injector. Unfortunately I am working is Saudi and cannot take a pic. Anyone with a with Fortuner can help me out here?

As anyone of you tried these performance chips for the Diesel?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

HI

I got 1 in mine, around 190-195 HP you can really feel it.

will look tomorrow and send you a pic.

I'm interested to know how these chips work. The increase iin performance when a piggyback is added is quite significant. Does this indicate that the factory ECU settings are very retarded/conservative?

I'm looking at getting a unichip piggyback for my honda civic 2.0. I've been told this will increase HP by 27 and TQ by 20% at the flywheel on a standard car. Even more for modified cars. This will cost 20K baht, which includes the unichip, dyno before and after and associated tuning.

What sort of dyno proven increases have you people gotten when a pighyback has been used? Anyone?

WOW! Toyota would love to buy that chip. Quote, "Diesel Power Chip which improves performance, torque & economy". Do you really believe those claims? You can get more power but it will be at the cost of economy. More power equals more fuel.

HI

I got 1 in mine, around 190-195 HP you can really feel it.

will look tomorrow and send you a pic.

I'm interested to know how these chips work. The increase iin performance when a piggyback is added is quite significant. Does this indicate that the factory ECU settings are very retarded/conservative?

I'm looking at getting a unichip piggyback for my honda civic 2.0. I've been told this will increase HP by 27 and TQ by 20% at the flywheel on a standard car. Even more for modified cars. This will cost 20K baht, which includes the unichip, dyno before and after and associated tuning.

What sort of dyno proven increases have you people gotten when a pighyback has been used? Anyone?

Piggyback usually fools the ECU signals so that they can increase the power. A true program is done on the ecu itself not by fooling various sensors. On certain cars you cannot use a piggyback system as there can be problems as to how the ecu regulates and sometimes can cause even more problems.

Hi guys,

I have a Fortuner 2005 model 3.0 D4D turbo diesel. I am considering to install a Diesel Power Chip which improves performance, torque & economy.

Sofar I gave two options, with some differances in price etc. One is a european product the other made in Aussie.

- A Ptronic - http://www.p-tronic.co.uk/?cfC0A8002D=1DE6...nnMsCjfhaCoHzo=

- A DPchip - http://www.dpchip.com

The suppliers in Europe have requested a photo of the plug on the injector. Unfortunately I am working is Saudi and cannot take a pic. Anyone with a with Fortuner can help me out here?

As anyone of you tried these performance chips for the Diesel?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I sell them , i have a unit ( digital ) for the commonrail 3.0 D-4D ,the same unit is for the vigo/hilux,. the plugs did change in 07, i have both i will need the engine number to distinguish,. power figures are ,up to 205bhp and 455 nm torque,., i have a chart done by hks ( independently ) in bkk,and can supply customers for a referance,. pm me if interested,.. Edited by mikethevigoman

Don't believe the hype. Gains of 25BHP usually cannot be achieved with just a chip alone. Especially so when the engine being chipped is only pumping out a mediocre 170BHP when stock.

Combined with several other mods, such as uprated exhaust etc, then that is a realistic estimate.

With piggyback ECUs I'd be sceptical of such claims.

More likely you are getting a little noticable extra (5-7BHP).

Little knowledge is dangerous my friend,. we get a 31 bhp increase from the fortuner, i have charts done by hks to prove it,. the 3.0d4d is very under fueled /tuned engine and responds the best of all the diesels to the unit,.i have customers all over thailand that have bought and can supply a referance to interested parties,.

Don't believe the hype. Gains of 25BHP usually cannot be achieved with just a chip alone. Especially so when the engine being chipped is only pumping out a mediocre 170BHP when stock.

Combined with several other mods, such as uprated exhaust etc, then that is a realistic estimate.

HI

Can see you dont know what your talking about.

Little knowledge is dangerous my friend,. we get a 31 bhp increase from the fortuner, i have charts done by hks to prove it,. the 3.0d4d is very under fueled /tuned engine and responds the best of all the diesels to the unit,.i have customers all over thailand that have bought and can supply a referance to interested parties,.

HI

My chart say 28HP so very close.

HI

My chart say 28HP so very close.

Put in a k/n type filter and you will get the other 3 bhp :o

What happens to the warranty of your vehicle if you use one of these tune-up kits?

I guess you will have no warranty any longer.

left mine on the vigo while in for a service and on my current navara,.these piggy back units are usually 2 plugs to install and remove and leave no trace of being on,. in the ( unlikely ) event of a problem, these units DO NOT override the info in the ecu, if a problem is detected by the ecu it puts the vehicle into limp mode ,remove the unit and the car is back to normal power, fact ! . its a great ( cheap ) way to extract a bit more power without doing any mechanical mods ,.yes i am in the business but if you want an ( unbiased ) honest opinion ask an owner ! Edited by mikethevigoman

Similar questions, different truck.

Vehicle is a 2WD Isuzu D-Max 4 Cab 3.0L auto non VGS new June 2007.

Now I played with Ford Pinto engines in the early 80's but nothing like these computer wizardry things under the bonnet nowadays. Anyway, the questions:

Are their chips for my engine set ?

What performance increase could I expect ?

Effect on fuel economy ?

Effect on warranty ?

Now Mik ementioned changing the filter and we did have K&N air filters way back then but are their issues as above changing it on a new(ish) motor still under warranty ?

Finally, what are the costs of these modifications ?

Cheers.

Just to throw in some mud to your statement tud, i had a stock Fiesta RS 1800 back home, and a simple chip gave me over 20BHP at the wheels. Fuel economy remained the same, though i really wasnt looking for fuel economy.

Superchips then remapped the chip throughout the life of the car, which ended up being really quite heavily modified and featured in Performance Ford.

Alas, i then bought an imported MR2 Turbo. Bad Move!

Hi

Then i am glad you never worked on my car back in Europe. :o

I never worked on cars. I was in management.

If you can even call installing a chip 'working on a car'. :D

I'll remain sceptical of chips overall going on my extensive experience with them and the wildly exaggerated claims that accompany their installation.

Of course I concede I have limited experience with chipping the commonrail turbo diesels, I am used to working with performance cars, not pick-ups, utes or derivatives thereof.

HI

Back in Europe i was talking about working on car, not chip tuning, had a few cars without turbo, and yes only chip gave about 12HP, i went all the way with a VR6. As you say no experience with chipping the commonrail turbo diesels, look into it and you will see you can get 25-30 HP no big drama.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Then i am glad you never worked on my car back in Europe. :o

I never worked on cars. I was in management.

If you can even call installing a chip 'working on a car'. :D

I'll remain sceptical of chips overall going on my extensive experience with them and the wildly exaggerated claims that accompany their installation.

Of course I concede I have limited experience with chipping the commonrail turbo diesels, I am used to working with performance cars, not pick-ups, utes or derivatives thereof.

And it shows ! i should keep your head down :D

mikethevigoman

mate, i have a 4X4 mitsubishi triton 3.2gls.

im have been researching about the chips,

i am wondering if u have an chip to offer me.

how much power/torque should i expect from this chip,

and how much is it.

Im looking for max power for a relatively light budget.

where in bangkok is your shop? i presume u do installations as well?

if you prefer to mail me the detials i would be apprecative.

[email protected]

mikethevigoman

mate, i have a 4X4 mitsubishi triton 3.2gls.

im have been researching about the chips,

i am wondering if u have an chip to offer me.

how much power/torque should i expect from this chip,

and how much is it.

Im looking for max power for a relatively light budget.

where in bangkok is your shop? i presume u do installations as well?

if you prefer to mail me the detials i would be apprecative.

[email protected]

email sent phil.

Mike, I have a Triton 3.2 also, could you post the info here on the board, please? There may be other triton owners interested in the upgrade. Thanks.

Is there also a chip available for the Triton 2.5 Litre? Asking on behalf of my brother-in-law:)

hey guys mike emailed me the details....basicly u should be expecting power to increase from 160-190 and -torque up 381-438 for 18,500.

as for me im looking for more power and if anyone can information on a chip set included with a larger turbo kit....pllz add the following info, thanks!