Internet Banking Of Thailand

I shall be asking KBANK about this tomorrow. I've banked with KBANK for almost 10 years, have a WP, evidence of salary and savings, and they told me they would not approve IB until I had an RP :o

Obviously you're a lot richer than me :D

Money is no matter at Thai Farmes Bank (Kbank)

Only importend is how you smile !!!!

I got a checkin gaccount with check book with NO visa and OVERSTAY !!!!

Krung Thai gave me an account including Internet Banking (just viewing my account statement) when I had only a 30 day stamp in my passport. I needed the account in order to transfer money from the UK so I could apply for a "long-stay" visa (for retirement).

But I still keep my UK accounts to do REAL internet banking - like moving money from one account to another, and to pay credit cards. I don't do anything like that with the Krung Thai internet banking - just check that what has been withdrawn via ATM matches my receipts.

Thank you for replying to me,

RDN, u mean krung thai bank internet banking cannot be used for transfer money?

krung thai internet banking can be used for only check the amount of money in account?

theviking and GManager, when did you open account at kbank?

maybe very long ago? because my friends said that some bank dont let us open account if not have WP.

I shall be asking KBANK about this tomorrow. I've banked with KBANK for almost 10 years, have a WP, evidence of salary and savings, and they told me they would not approve IB until I had an RP :o

Obviously you're a lot richer than me :D

The method of doing something in Thailand:

If place A says no, go to place B.

If place B says no, go to place C.

If place C says no, go to place D.

If place D says no, go to place E.

If place E says no, go back to place A or B, they may have changed their mind. :D

In other words, out goes your money from your KBANK account, and into another bank that will help you with what you need.

Cheers,

Meadish

Thank you for replying to me,

RDN, u mean  krung thai bank internet banking cannot be used for transfer money?

krung thai internet banking can be used for only check the amount of money in account?

maybe very long ago? because my friends said that some bank dont let us open account if not have WP.

yellowfish: no, what I meant was my Krung Thai internet banking allows me to see credits and debits from my account - like a paper statement - and that is all I want and need it to do. There are other options in the menus shown, such as "Loan Payment" where you can specify your own account to transfer from, and another person's account to pay into. But if I try to specify the number for the other person's account, it says "You are not allowed to do this transaction'. This does NOT necessarily mean that I cannot transfer to other people - it MAY mean that I need to go to the bank and set up the transfer details.

Another menu option is to pay a credit card, but if I go to that page, I get the message "No payment for goods/service was found under your specified conditions". So, again, it is likely that I need to go to the bank in person, and set up the necessary conditions.

I don't belive they would restrict what I can do just because I am a farang - I would like to think that it is simply because I have not bothered to enquire about these options. :o

Good luck!

theviking, Which branch of kbank did you open account?

It doesent matter what branch it was....what matter is that it can be done.

RDN wrote:

I don't belive they would restrict what I can do just because I am a farang - I would like to think that it is simply because I have not bothered to enquire about these options. 

Thats right RDN.....everybody who has an account can in fact use what you are telling us here, but if you want to pay you're bills, and transfer money you gotta apply for this through the main office.

Thats right RDN.....everybody who has an account can in fact use what you are telling us here, but if you want to pay you're bills, and transfer money you gotta apply for this through the main office.

or you can download, sign, and mail the application form for convenience

I opend my first account (with tourist visa) at TFB 2 Y. ago but this was NOT a savings Account it was a Checking Account. I was at Banglang Phoo Branch in Bangkok. All they want was my Passport, and my Address (confirmed from local police station) Thats it.

Greetings,

Dieter

I would like to open internet banking account in thailand, but I have only tourist visa. Which bank have internet banking service for foreigner who have only tourist visa?

This thread will give you clear information on how to do so and who to ask.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15705&hl=

Thats right.

But that thread is the guidelines for bkkbank, NOT kbank....and in my opnion , they are not as easy.

Bad news! I enquired about paying my telephone and UBC bills via internet banking, and this is the reply I got from Krung Thai bank:

Dear .....

Please kindly be informed that our Internet Banking Service is not

available for Telephone Bill & UBC Bill Payment.

Sorry for this inconvnience matter.

Best regards,

SSB Webmaster

Does anyone pay these bills using internet banking? If so, maybe I'll change bank.

I would like to open internet banking account in thailand, but I have only tourist visa. Which bank have internet banking service for foreigner who have only tourist visa?

This thread will give you clear information on how to do so and who to ask.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15705&hl=

Thats right.

But that thread is the guidelines for bkkbank, NOT kbank....and in my opnion , they are not as easy.

These links may help

http://www.kasikornbank.com/download/PDF/i...nternet_Eng.pdf

http://www.kasikornbank.com/