Quote Of The Year

camerata

Ask Samak about this photo...

tl_kill03.jpg

What is the source of this photo? Where was it taken? What date was it taken? Your question would appear to imply that Mr. Samak has knowledge pertaining to the death of this individual. If so, why, exactly do you think so? If not, why did you post this?

well, I know that there a lot of extreme lefties around here; but please, for 1 second be serious and tell me; what's a better option as Thaksin; ok, let's put it this way; a less worse; however you want to see it ... I don't see any other option for Thailand then Thaksin to get things back on track.

Back on what track?

Doubling the money requirements for mariage and retirement extensions and

national parks fees ? :o

saw the old man on some bullshit news shit about 3 weeks ago and he threw the bitches for a loop when he started speaking english while sprinkling it wih some thai.. the girl were visibly shaken, was so cool, i am sure it doesnt exist now, but the old gf took hr

I saw that, was hilarious

Newsline on Channel 11 i think you are talking about. Samak completely took over the interview, if you could call it that, and just droned on with what he came to say. I will say i was impressed by his English, but there was nothing else to be impressed by. To think of him as Thailand's PM is a sorry joke.

saw the old man on some bullshit news shit about 3 weeks ago and he threw the bitches for a loop when he started speaking english while sprinkling it wih some thai.. the girl were visibly shaken, was so cool, i am sure it doesnt exist now, but the old gf took hr

I saw that, was hilarious

Newsline on Channel 11 i think you are talking about. Samak completely took over the interview, if you could call it that, and just droned on with what he came to say. I will say i was impressed by his English, but there was nothing else to be impressed by. To think of him as Thailand's PM is a sorry joke.

Sounds like deja vu. I mean, remember old S.L.'s rantings on ASTV prior to the overthrow of a certain democratically elected prime minister?

tl_kill03.jpg

What is the source of this photo? Where was it taken? What date was it taken? Your question would appear to imply that Mr. Samak has knowledge pertaining to the death of this individual. If so, why, exactly do you think so? If not, why did you post this?

On the morning of Oct. 6, 1976, police and right-wing paramilitary mobs invaded Thammasat University, raping, lynching and burning alive scores of students who were demonstrating for greater civil liberties. A few hours later, the military staged a coup. Samak was then appointed Interior Minister in one of Thailand's most repressive governments. Leftists and students were hunted down and jailed. "I blame him," says Prof. Thientham Thiensirichai, a former student who fled to the jungles and is now a member of the Matchima political party. "He is my enemy."

- Time Magazine / Dec. 19, 2007

Quite. This isn't just some loveable rogue we're talking about here, some cheeky-chappy, rough diamond, etc etc. This is a deeply nasty individual whose sole ambition is to get back into power and then to wield it without scruples or conscience. I can see PPP winning, just, and the Democrats and Chart Thai forming a coalition. Hopefully.

tl_kill03.jpg

On the morning of Oct. 6, 1976, police and right-wing paramilitary mobs invaded Thammasat University, raping, lynching and burning alive scores of students who were demonstrating for greater civil liberties. A few hours later, the military staged a coup. Samak was then appointed Interior Minister in one of Thailand's most repressive governments. Leftists and students were hunted down and jailed. "I blame him," says Prof. Thientham Thiensirichai, a former student who fled to the jungles and is now a member of the Matchima political party. "He is my enemy."

- Time Magazine / Dec. 19, 2007

So, Mr. Samak was appointed after this photo was taken. And who financed the "right-wing paramilitary mobs"? Who in Bangkok in 1976 would have had the money to finance them? Poor people from Essan, right?