Getting A Tattoo In Thailand

Richard Hall

Hallo gals and guys,

a while ago it made the press that Angelina Jollie got a tattoo from the famous Bangkok artist Sampong Kanphai.

Now, I have a visitor from Germany interested to get one for herself while in Bangkok.

Well, since I am unmarked myself and rather a more conservative bland family man the tattoo scene it kind of beyond my reach and tracking the where abouts of Khun Sampong via the internet has been in vain.

Has anyone got the scoop of his address or even just his telephone number will already do the job?

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Richard

Dosen't he do the tattoos the old fashioned Thai Style?? I wanted to get one last time i was in Thailand but my loving wife did not like the idea I saw a picture of a Angelina Jolie getting that Tattoo and it was not being done the way they apply tattoos nowadays. It looked like it really hurt

This is where she stayed and got the Tattoo done.

Give them a call and they may have Kanphai's number.

The Mayfair - Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok

60 Soi Langsuan

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok, 10330

Thailand

Phone: 66 2-2639333

Fax: 66 2-2639300

His name is Noo Kamphai and works out of Pathum Thani,North of Bangkok.

You could also email The Nation for info:

[email protected]

Thanks guys for your feeedback and particularly to 12call. Noticed already too that there appeard to be no secrets for 12call here in the city of angels but even knowing where the torturing took place put indeed the cherry on the cake. Does his ID lift the secret? Is he a spy working for AIS or a sim card travelling from mobile to mobile gathering information? :D Whatever, thanks for the clues - indeed much appreciated.

I'm going to try tracing Khun Noo based on the info and if successful post the outcome just in case someone else wants to follow Ms. Jolies path and get stung. :o

My Cousin said tattoos in thailand were pretty inexpensive and they do a very good job I'm not too keen about how Ms. Jolie got hers I have one and I got it very painfully and I was happy with the results It's a generic tattoo of a dragon I wanted to get my wife's name on my arm but she put a stop to that very quickly

I heard that the inks they use in Asia are high in metals and can mess with western EKG machines and medical practices. This could be a tale and I don't even remember where I heard it from so don't quote me on that. This is the reason so many tattoo shops in Japan use inks only from America.

I would like to know because I am planning another tattoo with many colors. Can anyone comment on the tattoo colors in Bangkok? Most I see are monotone. Can I get a monk to approve a design first? I want to do one of the characters on the wall at Wat Pra Keo but I need to make sure I get the story right.

I heard that the inks they use in Asia are high in metals and can mess with western EKG machines and medical practices. This could be a tale and I don't even remember where I heard it from so don't quote me on that. This is the reason so many tattoo shops in Japan use inks only from America.

I would like to know because I am planning another tattoo with many colors. Can anyone comment on the tattoo colors in Bangkok? Most I see are monotone. Can I get a monk to approve a design first? I want to do one of the characters on the wall at Wat Pra Keo but I need to make sure I get the story right.

My cousin has a few tats on her arm and she came through the airports from thailand with no problems Not sure about the Monk question you asked :o

:D Tattoos - For what its worth - I have several on both arms, they are many years old now.

So what you say! - Well about 3 years ago I had cause to have a maligant "C" removed from my left forearm - the surgeon remarked in the post opbrief that he had also removed the lynf (not nynf) nodes and that several were dark to black in colour but this is normal for patients with tattoos as the ink works its way up to the nodes over the years.

No ill effects but as I said at the opening "For what its worth".

Mijan24 :o