Dvd Player Compatibility Issues

miltonbentley

Hi

Got a great DVD box set from the UK for Christmas but it kept jumping on my crappy 1500 baht DVD player so I went out today and purchased an all singing, all dancing brand DVD player.

Got it set up put on the DVD and the message 'cannot play check regional settings on disc.'

In the small print in the instruction manual it says some commercial dvd's purchased outside your region may not be playable'

Anyone else had this problem and what is the solution?

Does anyone know of a player that simply plays everything.

Thanks

Do This:

1. Turn On DVD, make sure no disc in tray.

2. Press "Subtitle" button from Remote Control.

3. Enter "567329" from Remote Control.

4. Press "Disc Open", "Disc Close" and Turn Of Power.

Above is listed as working for Aus / Thailand purchased ones.

If not:

1. Turn Player On Press the Menu button on your remote control

2. Press 7, 6, 8, 8, 4 buttons on your remote control

3. The currently selected region will be indicated on the TV.

4. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback.

5. Be sure to press the 9 button before your region code disappears.

Or in the unlikely event none of those 2 work do this:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control

2. Highlight Setup

2. Press the 5 button on your remote control

3. Press the 7 button on your remote control

4. Press the 5 button on your remote control

5. Press the 3 button on your remote control

6. Press the 8 button on your remote control

7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the onscreen display

8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for

region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback

Your now region free ....Send all beer donations direct to my condo :o

Edited by dekka007

Do This:

1. Turn On DVD, make sure no disc in tray.

2. Press "Subtitle" button from Remote Control.

3. Enter "567329" from Remote Control.

4. Press "Disc Open", "Disc Close" and Turn Of Power.

Above is listed as working for Aus / Thailand purchased ones.

If not:

1. Turn Player On Press the Menu button on your remote control

2. Press 7, 6, 8, 8, 4 buttons on your remote control

3. The currently selected region will be indicated on the TV.

4. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback.

5. Be sure to press the 9 button before your region code disappears.

Or in the unlikely event none of those 2 work do this:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control

2. Highlight Setup

2. Press the 5 button on your remote control

3. Press the 7 button on your remote control

4. Press the 5 button on your remote control

5. Press the 3 button on your remote control

6. Press the 8 button on your remote control

7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the onscreen display

8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for

region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback

Your now region free ....Send all beer donations direct to my condo :o

dekaa, nice going. i need cheat codes for my xbox360, Strip Poker Jenna Jameson Edition Number 3. :D think u can help ?

Tigerbeer,

Xbox360 is a whole lot different story for jenna game try:

Press XXX

69,69,69 :o

This Guy Dekka is fantastic ..

Do you have a code for the digital UBC remote control?

Need the code to enter to my television Samsung remote and be able to change the channels

Lol

Thank

OPP forgot to ask, i have a DVD disc from UK ( original ) i can not play it in any computer i put my hand one, i try to change the zoning exetera but without success.

I am trying to copy on the hard drive and make a copy

Any suggestion ?

Edited by simcity

I am also trying to get the UBC codes. I believe the boxes that UBC are shipping are these:

Link

But this is as far as I have got so far. Maybe soon. They have it for the JP1 remote (Programmable for everything via your pc) might be worth just ordering one of these dumping all the remotes u have and using it for the samsung tv,ubc,dvd,stereo,home theatre etc. I think thats the road I am going to go down. Link to JP1 remote:

JP1

Or of course just buy any LEARNING universal remote point them at each other and it will learn the code etc. Sony do one and Phillips etc. not too expensive.

With regard to the DVD you cant play on any Computer - Try and install Slysoft AnyDVD works for me on everything - link below:

Slysoft AnyDVD

Edited by dekka007

I am also trying to get the UBC codes. I believe the boxes that UBC are shipping are these:

Link

But this is as far as I have got so far. Maybe soon. They have it for the JP1 remote (Programmable for everything via your pc) might be worth just ordering one of these dumping all the remotes u have and using it for the samsung tv,ubc,dvd,stereo,home theatre etc. I think thats the road I am going to go down. Link to JP1 remote:

JP1

Or of course just buy any LEARNING universal remote point them at each other and it will learn the code etc. Sony do one and Phillips etc. not too expensive.

With regard to the DVD you cant play on any Computer - Try and install Slysoft AnyDVD works for me on everything - link below:

Slysoft AnyDVD

THK Dekka, I try slysoft, did not work..

It is not important anyway.

When I have the analogue UBC box, I got the code from Samsung, with the digital, I ask a friend who work there, he talk to technician and give me the impression it was not possible to have ..

One of the universal learning remotes will work 100% as it programs itself from the ubc controller Infrared.

With regard to which one to get this one gets good reviews and not too pricey:

Phillips Universal Remote

If AnyDVD does not work nothing will - strange tho unless its a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

Link

JP1

Slysoft AnyDVD

THK Dekka, I try slysoft, did not work..

It is not important anyway.

When I have the analogue UBC box, I got the code from Samsung, with the digital, I ask a friend who work there, he talk to technician and give me the impression it was not possible to have ..

Tigerbeer,

Press XXX

You appear to be a whizz at these hacks, dekka. Where do you find them all?

I've looked in vain throughout the net for a region code hack for my Denon DVD and have found every other known Denon model except my own (Denon DVD 2500). There is no official Denon retailer in Thailand and my approach to the UK supplier has fallen on stony ground.

:D :D

Never heard of a hack for the dvd-2500. Seems to be one that was missed or in production for too little time..2200 has some 2900 also but cant see a 2500.

Give Mahajak a call see if they can help with it. www.mahajak.com they are the biggest Denon dealer in Thailand I believe.

Tigerbeer,

Press XXX

You appear to be a whizz at these hacks, dekka. Where do you find them all?

I've looked in vain throughout the net for a region code hack for my Denon DVD and have found every other known Denon model except my own (Denon DVD 2500). There is no official Denon retailer in Thailand and my approach to the UK supplier has fallen on stony ground.

:D :D