Golf: Where To Play In Thailand

TKHaw

I will be in Thailand for about 3 weeks beginning Feb 4. I have one recommendation to play a course up in Chaing Rai, but I will be spending most of my time in the Bangkok area.

Any recommendations on what courses to play ? I want to stay in the $50 and under range but I want to play some good courses. I am a lifetime (almost) Hawaii resident who has recently moved (retired) to the Denver Colorado area, thus I am looking forward to some warm weather. I play a lot of golf, daily when weather permits. I was on the USGA Slope and Rating team for the Hawaiian Islands for many years and have played every course there.

Any recommendations of golf related activities would be appreciated.

Tim K.

Tim...although I dont play golf and only use the course next door to my place in Chiang Mai for Dining and entertaining it does appears to be developinging into a real classic venue...could be worth a looksee.

They recently had the Singa Beer Tourniment wotsit and from all accounts a real success...met some of the players who raved about the place.....so..CM Highlands .... :o built on a Power Spot......... :D

http://www.golfasian.com/golfasian/golf_co...ail.asp?gcid=90

Plenty of course around Bangkok for that rate. In the last couple of weeks I've played at Thanya Tanee, Krung Kavee and Muang Ake Vista. All good places, and quite close to each other. You could head down to Hua Hin and play the country's oldest course at Royal Hua Hin, or upgrade to Palm Hills, Springfield, Black Mountains etc.

Check them all out at www.thaigolfer.com

Careful on the thaigolfer website. Alot of the data is out of date(green fees). Many of the courses that the site offers discount if you buy their card do not. In the past yes but thaigolfer has not renewed the contracts.

Yes..same-same with Golfer on Line..we phoned a few clubs and not one was as advertised in the magazine. Some even ceased to offer any concessions to card holders.

Tanya Tanee is worth a look..Mon and Fri is sports day..have a look at my comments on www.thaigolfer.com..have commented on a few courses..around BK.

• 5 weeks later...
I will be in Thailand for about 3 weeks beginning Feb 4. I have one recommendation to play a course up in Chaing Rai, but I will be spending most of my time in the Bangkok area.

Any recommendations on what courses to play ? I want to stay in the $50 and under range but I want to play some good courses. I am a lifetime (almost) Hawaii resident who has recently moved (retired) to the Denver Colorado area, thus I am looking forward to some warm weather. I play a lot of golf, daily when weather permits. I was on the USGA Slope and Rating team for the Hawaiian Islands for many years and have played every course there.

Any recommendations of golf related activities would be appreciated.

Tim K.

Aloha...Tim,

Check out this website.. http://www.cuegolf.com then call Andy (66) 818311731 or send email..

TW

Edited by tigerwoods